Seek Valley Queen Ant glitch/bug?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
bluemask

Seek Valley Queen Ant glitch/bug?

Post by bluemask »

Ok, I thought I'm just being fooled but the Queen Ant in Seek Valley is actually unbeatable with a lone Offensive Rune user. The HP of that monster is only 800 according to the S1 Bestiary.

I dunno how this happened but after continuously casting Storm on Queen Ant, it doesn't die (total damage already exceeded 800). Although when there's a melee user in the party (rune damage + melee damage), the Queen Ant dies. I think the damage should exceed 800 in one turn?

Here's a video, I'm using Earth rune instead but yields the same result:
Link
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Seek Valley Queen Ant glitch/bug?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think she can drain back your HP doesn't she?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Really? I'm not aware of that...

Edit: I guess I just overlooked things, Sasarai is correct. Every enemy turn, the Ant Queen is healed :P
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

How much does she drain back? She was only doing around 60 damage per turn to Hellion and there were some turns where the spell failed.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

wataru14 wrote:How much does she drain back? She was only doing around 60 damage per turn to Hellion and there were some turns where the spell failed.

I think she can drain it only when she is solo. When she oints out her hand without casting the black hole spell or however is called it means that she comes back to her full HP
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Sasarai10 wrote:I think she can drain it only when she is solo. When she oints out her hand without casting the black hole spell or however is called it means that she comes back to her full HP
Seriously? I have never heard of that. Can anyone confirm?
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

wataru14 wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote:I think she can drain it only when she is solo. When she oints out her hand without casting the black hole spell or however is called it means that she comes back to her full HP
Seriously? I have never heard of that. Can anyone confirm?
Not just through that finger pointing move. I upped Hellion's SPD so she would cast before the Queen Ant.

Sequence: Hellion Earthquake, Queen Ant Voice of Earth, Hellion Earthquake

The Queen Ant still didn't die. However, if I used a spell which has a stand-alone damage of more than 800, the Queen Ant dies so my bet is that she's really healed. I don't think it's drain though because I'm not receiving any kind of damage.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The Queen Ant at Mt. Seifu has the same auto healing ability. Aside from beeing nearly impossible to inflict 7100 damage within three turns at this point of the game, she was desined that way to make extra sure you won't kill her.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You don't mess with someone who has a gigantic insect for a minge.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:The Queen Ant at Mt. Seifu has the same auto healing ability. Aside from beeing nearly impossible to inflict 7100 damage within three turns at this point of the game, she was desined that way to make extra sure you won't kill her.

So the one at Mt. Seifu doesn't have unlimited HP? Can you kill her by using some code or you'll crush the game?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Cast Thor two times in order to inflict enough damage within one round. However, during normal gameplay you won't have access to lightning/thunder and water/flowing crystals. So even at lv 99 it is not possible to do the trick.

Yes, you can cheat in the runes. Then you'll get the exp, potch and loot. In this game it is common practice for the story to continue like nothing happened.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:Cast Thor two times in order to inflict enough damage within one round. However, during normal gameplay you won't have access to lightning/thunder and water/flowing crystals. So even at lv 99 it is not possible to do the trick.

Yes, you can cheat in the runes. Then you'll get the exp, potch and loot. In this game it is common practice for the story to continue like nothing happened.

so you say that even if i kill her i won't get any secret dialogue,etc. it will just continue regularly....i see.....thanks anyway :D