Fukien's weapon

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
bluemask

Fukien's weapon

Post by bluemask »

Looks like two short swords? Knives? Maybe Kahn's weapon is the same (since both are on the exorcism path) Hmm...
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Fukien's weapon

Post by wataru14 »

They always looked like rulers to me. And they are called "Punishment." With me it always brought to mind the image of nuns who would smack you over the hand with rulers as a form of discipline.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

wataru14 wrote:They always looked like rulers to me. And they are called "Punishment." With me it always brought to mind the image of nuns who would smack you over the hand with rulers as a form of discipline.
I can't stop laughing imagining that. That's just sooo... factual! :P Punishment really isn't much of a physical hint, but judging by the sound, it sounds like drumsticks?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

two little clubs, i thought. they make blunt noises when he uses them.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think they are like those that Miakis use in S5...don't remember how they called
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well Fukien's weapon is called "punishment" so I think they're little sticks that get used for disciplining temple followers who step out of line, or perhaps people who seek religious punishment to help cleanse their bodies and souls and stuff like that. Priests in RPGs don't normally use sharp weapons because they don't like mutilating or cutting their enemies, because priests are all about healing and spiritual guidance rather than hacking and slashing.

By the way, Fukien's profile page on this website is a bit crap, it just mentions his use of the Resurrection rune. How about his role in helping Tir and friends find a way to fight Neclord, and telling them about their star signs and fulfilling their destinies, since he's one of the few characters in the entire series who seems to have any knowledge of the stars of destiny.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote: Priests in RPGs don't normally use sharp weapons because they don't like mutilating or cutting their enemies, because priests are all about healing and spiritual guidance rather than hacking and slashing.

Are you sure? Then what about Gantetsu who uses a staff and he talks about his strength? :mrgreen:

DO we have a screenshot where he uses them? Btw,i think when he goes for a critical he has a different animation?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote: Priests in RPGs don't normally use sharp weapons because they don't like mutilating or cutting their enemies, because priests are all about healing and spiritual guidance rather than hacking and slashing.

Are you sure? Then what about Gantetsu who uses a staff and he talks about his strength? :mrgreen:

Exactly - a STAFF which is a blunt weapon, NOT intended for slashing throats and hacking limbs off. Gantetsu talks about being strong, he doesn't say anything about slicing people to bits. Not particularly "sharp" yourself, are ya Sasarai? :wink:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

He's Clive, not Sasarai :wink:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:He's Clive, not Sasarai :wink:

Clive's avatar is more like an emblem. Because i managed to finish Clive's quest including the 108 stars,within 12:17 hrs 8)