Are L-Range attackers always succesful?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Are L-Range attackers always succesful?

Post by Sasarai10 »

I don't recall a L-Range attacker missing a hit,even if the enemy is at much higher level than him/her....i was fighting against the 3 pirates making them evade (not counter) and i was using L-Range attackers who were around level 18-20,and their weapons weren't ugraded,but yet they were always succesfull.

Is this confirmed? :|
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Are L-Range attackers always succesful?

Post by Pyriel »

Not remotely.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Doesn't TECH affects accuracy? Plus some LUK if I'm not mistaken...?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

TECH is used for accuracy. TECH + LUK are used for critical hit chance (after it's confirmed the hit will succeed).
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

KFCrispy wrote:TECH is used for accuracy. TECH + LUK are used for critical hit chance (after it's confirmed the hit will succeed).
Oooh that's it then.

But to expand Sasarai's question, is range also a factor?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Probably.

I'm now towards the end of the game (Dragon's Fortress Arc)....and i've used every L-Ranger available in the game. I don't recall any of them fail,even if the enemy was much stronger.

ANother one question i have is about Kasumi. She is listed as a L-Ranger but she is different than the others. i mean that her attack resembles more the attack of an S or an M range weapon by approaching the enemy instead of shooting from a long distance. The only difference is that she can attack from wider range than the other S/M-rangers.

So my question is....can she counter? :?: because L-rangers cannot counter but Kasumi seems different
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I think L-rangers seem to hit more because they tend to have higher Skill stats. The lowest Skill among the L-Rangers is Sarah with a Rate 3 and Eileen with a Rate 4 (which is average). All the others are higher than that, with most being Rate 6 or above. They will hit more because of their Skill.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yet i still don't remember Sarah and EIleen missing an attack,even against a stronger enemy :|
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

L-range attacks can definitely miss, watch here at 22:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xrEOq4h4Uk Ted clearly misses a shot.

It's not about stronger enemies, but about weak characters. You'd need to bring a Level 1 L-range character to fight high level enemies to see an effect. Because, like KFCrispy said, your accurcy depends on your stats. I don't know how the chance for avoiding an attack is calculated, but I guess it has to do with TECH as well, so if your character is low level (= little TECH) and your enemy high level (=high TECH), you will see the effect.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Sasarai10 wrote:Yet i still don't remember Sarah and EIleen missing an attack,even against a stronger enemy :|
Eileen is awesome, such an underrated character.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:L-range attacks can definitely miss, watch here at 22:05 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xrEOq4h4Uk Ted clearly misses a shot.

It's not about stronger enemies, but about weak characters. You'd need to bring a Level 1 L-range character to fight high level enemies to see an effect. Because, like KFCrispy said, your accurcy depends on your stats. I don't know how the chance for avoiding an attack is calculated, but I guess it has to do with TECH as well, so if your character is low level (= little TECH) and your enemy high level (=high TECH), you will see the effect.

wow....so they aren't 100% accurate at all,,,but sure they are far more accurate than S-range character like Viktor for example who could often miss even against a weaker enemy
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Antimatzist wrote:It's not about stronger enemies, but about weak characters. You'd need to bring a Level 1 L-range character
Exactlt. Try fighting the Crows outside Gregminster in the beginning of the game. They have an insanely high Evade Rate. Ted and Cleo will miss them quite often.

BrucePrintScreen wrote:Eileen is awesome, such an underrated character
That she is. She's my go-to mage for most of the game.
Sasarai10 wrote:but sure they are far more accurate than S-range character like Viktor for example who could often miss even against a weaker enemy
That has nothing to do with being Short-range. Viktor has a really terrible Skill stat (which I have decried on many MANY threads) and that is why his attacks miss.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

position/range doesn't have an effect on accuracy until Suikoden V, when you're allowed to attack from any spot in the formation.

in 1 and 2:
S range characters cannot attack if they are in the back row, and they can't hit a enemy in the back row (however, in Suikoden I, command runes like Falcon and Boar Rune ignore this rule, so Valeria and Ronnie Bell can effectively act as a back-row 100% accurate character who deals 3x dmg each round)
M range characters can attack from any position but only will target the enemy's front row
L range characters can attack from any position and hit any target
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Now i've seen it with my own eyes. Fuma missed 4 times an attack. twice against a Wyvern and twice against a Mirage