[CODES - GAMESHARK] Suikoden I -- Community Updated

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Ferus

[CODES - GAMESHARK] Suikoden I -- Community Updated

Post by Ferus »

What is the POINT, exactly?
There are many of us who play the Suikoden series on an Emulator for various reasons: preserving disk quality, shaders, you name it. This post is aimed towards those people, though I would imagine that, if anyone owns a Gameshark, it would be possible to port these over to your console. So, first things first.

I've played Suikoden since I was a little child. Even though this is my first post, believe me when I say that I've been lurking at Suikosource for quite some time. I do a lot of fiddling around with the game, trying to find new things. Who hasn't? A big assistance with that is the ability to modify the game, so that you can put yourself into situations the original programmers hadn't intended you to be able to be in.

A large issue with that, I've discovered, is the shear lack of documentation on Gameshark codes, which is how I (and anyone who uses PEC) do things like add Ted to my party, when I'm not supposed to have been able to have him after his confrontation with Windy. Now, CodeTwink does have a pretty large collection, but it's not exactly as simple as doing a Google search to find it. I, like I would imagine quite a few other people, come to Suikosource to find information like that.

Unfortunately, I didn't see anything like this at Suikosource, except for maybe a few codes here and there, which weren't compatible with an Emulator.

So. That's the point, exactly.

What have you DONE, exactly?
Well, mostly, just created an infrastructure that's easy to add onto, and is completely compatible with the popular PEC, for ePSXe. Eventually, I'd like to add other versions. Compatibility with the actual PSone console, CodeBreaker, etc. Any platform that Suikoden can be accessed on, I would like to be able to port this over to, eventually.

Completed:
108 Stars of Destiny
- Hero (McDohl, Tir)

Miscellaneous Codes:
Name Changer (Starting Presets):
Tir
McDohl
Ferus
HowlingG
KFCrispy

In-Battle HP Modifiers
Bits Modifier
No Random Encounters
Window Frame/Color Modifier
Menu Sounds Modifier
Game Options Modifier
Time Played Modifier

Why are you calling this 'COMMUNITY UPDATED'?:
Honestly? I'm kinda lazy. I'd like to think that I'm decent at organizing things well, thus the infrastructure. But, as far as actually adding everything correctly for the 108 Stars, myself? Egh.

Also, I can only port this in so many different ways. That's where everyone else comes in.

How can we HELP?:
By donating additions to the script, of course! Anything is acceptable, but we're mostly lacking the 108 Stars, right now. I'll add onto them, as we go. If you write up a new addition to the script, PM it to me, and I'll add it in. PLEASE use CODE tags.

ADDING A NEW CHARACTER:
There are a couple rules to adding a character:
1) If adding weapon modification, must include the code to change back to the original weapon. You can see an example of this on Hero.
2) If adding a rune modification, and the Star has a Fixed Rune (cannot be normally removed), must include the code to change back to the original rune. You can see an example of this on Hero.
If you wish to contribute in this way, you can find the Blank Star template below.
Full additions are preferred, but I'll accept anything.

NAME CHANGE PRESETS:
Anyone can request their own preset. Addition priority to those who add to the list. As we start to get more presets added in, I'll categorize them.
Note that there are only 8 available character spaces for a name.

IDEAS:
I'd like to continue expanding this. Any ideas for additions would be great. CodeTwink has provided a good base to start from, however, if anyone has any ideas for codes that aren't included in the CodeTwink database, suggest them! I could probably work something out for you.

Star Requests - There are a lot of Stars. If a star you like isn't included in this list, request it! Or do it yourself, and send me a PM, so they can be added!

Links:
Updated Code: http://pastebin.com/RFUXzz51
Blank Star: http://pastebin.com/yAqway2g