2 Questions on weapon/elemental rune pieces

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
bookwormbabe29

2 Questions on weapon/elemental rune pieces

Post by bookwormbabe29 »

Hey all! Just need some confirmation on this. If I put a weapon/elemental rune piece on Viktor's sword before he gets the coolest sword ever upgrade, does the rune piece transfer over? Should I save rune pieces for Viktor until that time in the plot?

And while not as important, any tips on getting these rune pieces for weapons? From what I can tell you can only get water and earth rune pieces to drop from enemies, and like every other dropped item it's chance is so horribly low. It's been a while since I played this last, but I don't remember these being so hard to get. I'm guessing it's just a case of my memory being wrong, but any chance I'm forgetting something?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: 2 Questions on weapon/elemental rune pieces

Post by Pyriel »

He should keep them. Rune pieces are a property of the character rather than the weapon, as bizarre as that might sound. They'd have to explicitly strip him, and I don't think Konami bothered. Most guides have him getting stuck with a rune piece (thunder or earth, I think) prior to the Dwarven vault.

There aren't really many tips for improving drop chances in this game. Your chances are better if the enemy party consists of only the enemy you need, so you might save some time by using Run/Let Go or Bribery in a liberal fashion until you hit ideal parties. It wouldn't be much, if anything at all. The chances in the bestiary on this site are actually a little low, but as with anything that involves chance, you could hit ten in a row or spend six hours without getting a single one.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: 2 Questions on weapon/elemental rune pieces

Post by KFCrispy »

Viktor definitely keeps his rune pieces after the weapon change.