Looking for a code to replicate the effect of the holy rune

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
knight85

Looking for a code to replicate the effect of the holy rune

Post by knight85 »

i'm tired of a rune slot being taken up by a holy rune every time i play this game.

is there a code to replicate the effect of a holy rune? or should i just stick the rune onto whatever heavy hitter i use in the party?
sticky-runes

Re: Looking for a code to replicate the effect of the holy r

Post by sticky-runes »

I gave it to Tai Ho. Made the Toran Castle and Secret factory missions a bit faster. But it's not that important to be able to run, the maps in this game aren't exactly huge.
knight85

Post by knight85 »

huh never thought of that. but the giving it to a heavy hitter idea is still good. at least that way i'll still be able to have a full array of warrior mages in the party.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Try this:
801323C4 0001
801323C6 2402

You may have to start the game with it on for it to work. Either PEC is being a bitch, or the game somehow copies and uses this function from a fast-access mirror/scratchpad area. I could key the value into the debugger and it would work just fine, but if I tried to activate the code after the game had started, nothing, even though the changes were made.

Most likely the interpreter the debugger uses bypasses or invalidates the instruction cache. During normal emulation, the game is constantly running this function, so it probably sits on the cache until you do something that causes the cache to reset or swap.