Items that you can examine in the game?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Items that you can examine in the game?

Post by Sasarai10 »

Is there any list somewhere?
sticky-runes

Re: Items that you can examine in the game?

Post by sticky-runes »

Do you mean stuff like cooking pots and paintings that you click on and it brings up a description or activates something?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Do you mean stuff like cooking pots and paintings that you click on and it brings up a description or activates something?

yes,exactly
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Actually most items that you can examine are those in the begining of the game. Like the 2 armors in Gregminster's Palace,3 cooking pots in various homes in the capital a deep well in Rockland,etc
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Ones I can remember...

Gregminster
Two knight statues (find 100 bits)
Cleo's diary
Pahn's diary
Sonya's diary
Milich's wardrobes
Cooking pots

Rockland
Deep well
Gravestones

Lenankamp
Clock entrance to rebel hideout (I think you can examine it and it comes up with text before meeting Odessa?)

Dwarf vault
levers
tablet and buttons in room with vault

Scarleticia
Painting of Milich (opens the basement)

Neclor'd castle
Paintings

Qlon temple
Locked doors (I don't think they ever get opened?)

Kirov
Stew pots

Kalekka
Blackman's crops (can be trodden on)

I'm sure some other geek will come along and say "actually, you forget this, this and this"
I don't know if you wanted to include things like the sign outside Khamandol's shop, or Lotte's cat (which is kind of like a storyline event), or book shelves where you can collect books from.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I think a text won't appear if you examine the Lenankamp clock before meeting Odessa. you won't even be able to examine it at all. Btw,what it's written in the tablet inside Dwarves Vault? It's something like "feedle dee doddle,etc". Is it related with the buttons?

Off-topic: The sound when you press the buttons in Dwarves Vault is a little out-of-sync. The game is supposed to take place during medieval period i guess,but the sound is like pressing the buttons on a digital telephone
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Maybe I'm thinking of some other RPG where a secret passage comes with a hint when you examine it before it becomes usable.

I think the tablet was just a piss-take. There's only two buttons, figure it our yourself. Kind of like the zombie in Neclord's castle, when you pay the highest fee, he just says "googly-goo" or something, and Viktor bullies him into giving your money back.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

You can also press X on the 3 dragons sleeping in Dragon's Den. If you press X towards their heads,they'll wake up and lift their heads. Also you can examine Black by pressing X in the begining of the game,before talking to Kraze for your first mission.

I almsot have done everything in the game i guess. I colected every single antique,every single armor,every single key item...view all battle quotes both command and death/wounded,all secret dialogues and bath scenes,and now i'm checking every single item on villages/towns or even caves as my last playthrough. I'm at Dragon's Den arc now.

What else can i do with this game? It's really limited compared with S2 :(
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

- Found all the secrets? http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/secrets/
- Low level game?
- 1 character challenge?
- Minimum stars run?
- Perfect file attempt?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

that secrets page doesn't mention the bed in Qlon Temple, which also gives free healing.
Sasarai10 wrote:
What else can i do with this game? It's really limited compared with S2 :(
You could just, you know, ENJOY THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME :wink:
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:- Found all the secrets? http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/secrets/
- Low level game?
- 1 character challenge?
- Minimum stars run?
- Perfect file attempt?

- Already done it,and i found some more by myself,for example if you talk to Futch before,Kraze sends you for your first mission,you'll get some secret dialogues. Also Sheena is the only character in the castle except Onil who can say 4 different comments.
- I've finished the game with Tir at level 27 via bribe glitch
- A solo run? I guess it's impossible because there will always be a permanent member in your party except Tir.
- Already done that a couple of times,but never killed all 10 non-optional killable characters in war battles,so i could have the minimum amount of playable characters
- Already done that
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, then call yourself a Suikoden master, you did everytthing you can do in this game, it's not like we can invent new content to the game. ,9

You could play through the Saturn version and do Eikes arena or something. Learn coding and fix Suikoden's lazy translation. Anything! :D
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I've got an idea: How about a NO MAGIC run?

So, you can NEVER use the soul eater in combat, and also no fire, lightning, wind, water or earth runes, and no Resurrection rune either. Anybody who comes initially equipped with an elemental rune must have it removed. Any crystals you find should be sold or put in storage. All healing must be done with medicines and staying at inns, you may still use dragon incense and sacrificial buddhas. You can also use technique runes such as clone, boar, falcon and shrike etc. and you can still use enhancement runes such as Hazy, Holy, Killer, Counter, Turtle etc. you can still use the trick rune, and you may still use unite attacks, but no rune spells that have limited uses. This will make characters such as Lotte and Crowley quite useless, so you may avoid recruiting them, unless you want to do no magic and still gain 108 stars.

ALSO - no magic in major battles. you have to make use of just charge and archery. You may still uses specials, including ninjas and thieves, but if they predict an enemy charge attack, you still must not use your own magic.

And finally - no fast travel. No Viki teleportation, and no use of the Blinking mirror. All traveling must be done on foot or by boat (or by dragon when necessary).

Playing in this way may encourage you to use character lineups you might not have considered before, as you'll be using mostly physical fighters.

Have fun.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

There should be a level limit/cap for each part so that he doesn't overlevel his characters
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@sticky-runes: I don't see where this adds a challenge. No magic run - ok, this would be ok. But no magic in major battles? Involves no skill to win as you can't use other strategies and it's luck based. It's like saying "Let's throw a dice, higher number wins, but if you throw a 6, it becomes a 1". It's not like this adds a challenge, it's just tedious.

The same with Viki. It's ok to call a game "finished", you can still play it just for etnertainment and don't have to come up with ridicolous challenges.