Tengaar ending

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Tengaar ending

Post by wataru14 »

In the Suikoden 1 Gameplay Guides Endings Guide it shows two possible endings for Tengaar. One is the normal "Accompanied Hix on his journey" one, but it says she has another one that reads "Remained the rest of her life in the Warriors' Village." How do you get that ending? Is it just somewhere in the games code and not normally accessable or is there some way to get it?
Belle

Re: Tengaar ending

Post by Belle »

Interesting, I never noticed that. So does this mean Hix is one of the characters you can kill off in the war battles?
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Belle wrote:So does this mean Hix is one of the characters you can kill off in the war battles?
Sounds reasonable, but Hix is a mandatory character in S1, could he be killed in the war?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Iirc every character in I is killable after his mandatory time has come. Luc is killable, too, and so are some others that you wouldn't think, iirc.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well this page shows all their death quotes... I assume some of them are just when characters get injured.

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/sc ... quotes.php
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Hix is unkillable. Both he and Tengaar appear in the scene outside Gregminster Palace after the final boss has been defeated, so he cannot die in the war sequences.
Belle

Post by Belle »

That's true...Tengaar does yell at Hix to stop pulling on her or somerhing. It kind of sounds like they started to think about an alternative ending and then quit halfway through.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/psx/suik ... nits.shtml

Look over here,who can actually die in combat. Hix cannot die,nor Tengaar.

Try using only Hix in the final battle,and leave Tengaar behind. Probably you'll get that ending i suppose,i'm not 100% sure though,it's just my thought.

But i find it strange that Kasim can die,because he'll appear in the last scene with Barbarosa and Windy. And Gen and Kamandohl too... they appear in the scene after defeating the final boss,and both of them are part of the main plot,after recruiting them.
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

I brought both Hix and Tengaar to the final dungeon in my non-108-SoD save, they both appeared outside Gregminster castle. Maybe I should try bringing only Hix into the final dungeon.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I don't think your choice of final party members affects the scene outside the palace. I've used Cleo and Pahn to finish the game, and they still appear outside saying "The Empire is destroyed"/"It's finally over"
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

wataru14 wrote:Hix is unkillable. Both he and Tengaar appear in the scene outside Gregminster Palace after the final boss has been defeated, so he cannot die in the war sequences.
I don't think the scene outside of Gregmister Palace proves that he's unkillable because Pahn is in that scene too, and he's very killable in the duel with Teo.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Belle

Post by Belle »

freshmetal wrote: I don't think the scene outside of Gregmister Palace proves that he's unkillable because Pahn is in that scene too, and he's very killable in the duel with Teo.
It's been a while since I played a game with killing off Pahn... but I don't remember him being in the ending if you make him lose to Teo.

Of course, he still appears in Suikoden 2 with your uploaded data if you decide to do the McDohl quest, but that's a different sort of goof.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Pahn is definitely not at the end if he loses to Teo. I know because in my couple play-throughs, Pahn was severely under-leveled and was slaughtered by Teo, resulting in his execution for being a traitor. It wasn't until my third play-through, that I learned that the duel was winable.

Either way though, he'll appear in Suikoden II. As others have said, characters like Luc can be killed in Suikoden 1's wars, and still show up in the sequels.
PSN: FreshMetal80
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Pahn's death affects quite a few scenes throughout the game, though. If you let him die, Mathiu asks if you blame him for leaving Pahn behind, and Cleo mentions his death along with Gremio and Teo when she joins you at Lorimar, and she prays to Pahn's spirit on the night before the final battle. When Pahn lives, you get pretty bland dialogue for those scenes, but if it means keeping Pahn alive I'm OK with that :)
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Sasarai10 wrote: But i find it strange that Kasim can die,because he'll appear in the last scene with Barbarosa and Windy.
Milich and Kwanda can also appear in that scene but we have the choice to kill them ourselves, i guess looking at cutscenes isnt a safe way to check.