Bug Fixes

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: Bug Fixes

Post by Pyriel »

Sorry, I meant Flik and Juppo. I was just looking at two with non-zero values in that byte to try to confirm.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Both have wind element like many others.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, I saw that in the guide. They both have (I think) 5 in that byte I was talking about. The Star Dragon Sword had a different value, while one of the guys listed as having the fire element had a third value. I'm reasonably sure that's where you were looking. I'll have to confirm in any case, but if you still had your notes it would have been an extra bit of evidence to convince me I won't be chasing my own tail.
STARWIN

Post by STARWIN »

"Weapon default element 0 None 1 Fire 2 Water 3 Earth 4 Lightning 5 Wind 6 Resurrection"

you can cross-reference with the editor output in general. i should probably put some notes somewhere sometime.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Pyriel, regarding the integration of the patch into German localization: We have problems just adding the patch. We rather need the source code for it. I would like to link you with our project technician.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, that's no problem. I'll upload everything to a GitHub repository later, in any case. I thought I'd already done that.

In case anyone else wants it: https://github.com/pyriell/gs1-bugfixes
manakoDE

Post by manakoDE »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:33 am In case anyone else wants it: https://github.com/pyriell/gs1-bugfixes
Many, many, thanks! :)
foldo

Post by foldo »

Hi.
I translated the game into spanish, and I want to use the patchs than fix the spells (Clay Guardian and Guardian of Earth). I want to ask you, Pyriel, if you give me permisson to use your bugfixes patch for Suikoden in my translation.
Obviously, if you give me permisson, I'll give you the proper credit for your work.
Greets.
Foldo.

PS: Please, forgive any typo. I am better reading english than writing it.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yep, you're surely welcome to it.
foldo

Post by foldo »

Pyriel wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:46 pm Yep, you're surely welcome to it.
Thank you very much. :mrgreen:
jeronimo

Post by jeronimo »

Hi, I just read about the german patch on romhacking.net. I noticed that the patch makes some additional bugfixes/localization fixes. Is it possible to incorporate those into the bugfix patch for the English version? That would be much appreciated.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Pyriel wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:33 am Yeah, that's no problem. I'll upload everything to a GitHub repository later, in any case. I thought I'd already done that.

In case anyone else wants it: https://github.com/pyriell/gs1-bugfixes
Sorry to dig tis up again, but can you maybe prepare a patch for the PAL version as well?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Well, there are only seven fixes, so it wouldn't be that bad. I don't have the PAL version at the moment, though.

I'll dig up a copy, if you're willing to test.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Seven? According to your patch notes, it has four fixes. What else does it fix?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Only the four. I was counting by the number of different patch options that are available. There are two each for the spells representing different methods of fixing the bug (base stat vs. derived), and two for the escape talismans. I guess I was thinking somebody might want to whittle it down to one "infinite" talisman, instead of removing them entirely. Not sure.

So seven sets of code I need to port to a new region.