bug for rolling over the timer too much?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
kenshindono

bug for rolling over the timer too much?

Post by kenshindono »

just wondering if anyone knows if theres a bug that locks the game up if you roll the hour timer over too much. Ive been grinding all my characters to about lvl 65 or so and grining for various items. I think ive rolled the game timer over 3 or 4 times now. The hero's at lvl 90. I just had the game freeze up on me twice while grinding in gregminster. The first time after about an hour + worth and the 2nd time almost imediately. It happens durring the fights

It is hot today so maybe the ps1 is just overheating, but i did find this strange. Is there a bug i should be concerned about? Maybe i shoudl go clear out my wharehouse of excess junk
Celes
Global Admin

Re: bug for rolling over the timer too much?

Post by Celes »

I don't think so but I never managed to roll the timer over more than ONCE, even while doing an almost perfect file.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm i'm actually not sure how many times ive rolled over now that im thinking about it. I think twice now that i stop and think. I just run around and grind while watching videos on the computer. I also ground the shoot outa water rune pieces to put them on every character that appears in suikoden II and some other items that i probaly didn't need to at the time

what did you do for your perfect file? Did you get everyone to 99? I'm kinda curious what you viewed as the criteria for that. I'm not using that leveling trick, i didn't want to risk any kinda glitch, but now im thinking just playing it over like this may be a problem. I actually didn't have it freeze again since that day. Maybe it was the heat, i hope so. I cleared out some items in the vault thinking that could be a problem too.

SO no ones sure if rolling it over too much is a problem? Id like to take my time and get all transferable characters to about 70, as well as side characters to 65 or so, but maybe i'll have to cut this short if its gonna be a problem
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

if there was really a problem with the time, the game would have become completely unplayable considering that the time is constantly updated. you won't randomly see the game freezing due to a time rolling over, it should be absolutely consistent.
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

hmm well it froze a couple more times now. Dont know whats up.

Im not sure what your basing your assumption that if it rolling over too much was a problem the game would be unplayable. Has anyone else rolled it over twice? did you have any problems like this? its getting kind of annoying when i spend almost an hour capping a set of people off, and then it locks up =( I guess theres not much i can do, i was just curious if anyone else had experienced this or rolled it over as many times as I have. Maybe if it keeps doing it i'll try tplaying on the ps2 and see if that makes any difference

*edit*

*sigh* pretty annoyed. Just lost about 2 hours of grinding with a set of people while i watched videos on the computer. One thing i noticed is that the system doesn't lock up, the game just freezes durring the battle screen. It seems to be when certain enemies are fading or something. I can actually do a soft reset with the controller. Dunno what the deal is. A real pain in the arse
kenshindono

Post by kenshindono »

well just an update, it seems the game doesn't actually freeze completely. I can soft reset with the button press trick and if i open the tray but dont turn it off, the music skips.. if i close the tray it resumes but stays frozen on the enemy.. i think this may tie into my freeze glitch topic a while back when i was farming an item. It seems to be an issue when the camera zooms in on certain enemies.. im not sure if its a crit hit or what causes it. With the other one i was able to single out that it happened with a certain enemy and when i used a certain attack.

However with this i just auto attack so i dont know.. just kinda annoying when im grinding
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the camera zooms in for critical hits. and if you try a new game i am guessing you're going to have the same problems.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Reminds me of a problem I had with Wild Arms. Everytime an enemy used a heal, the game had a 50/50 chance of freezing. The same with some of the enemies deaths. Turned out it was a faulty disc.

Perhaps you should give another disc a go?