HQ Castle bug - The castle grew, then shrunk again.

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
rickstilwell1

HQ Castle bug - The castle grew, then shrunk again.

Post by rickstilwell1 »

When I was playing Suikoden just now with a new approach - getting the least amount of characters possible, I had just gotten back from defeating Kwanda and choosing to kill him. (In this playthrough anyone that can be avoided I will).

In order to skip recruiting Viki who blocks your path in the forest on the way back, you must choose "yes" when Mathiu asks you if you want to return to the castle immediately. If you choose "I have some unfinished business here" you will have no choice but to recruit her. I successfully skipped her on purpose.

Even though I didn't have many characters, when Tir woke up, he was in the large castle level 2 bedroom. I went to meet Flik in the hall and he stormed out as usual. I left and recruited him, but when I returned to the castle there was no music. When I reached the top floor I realized the castle was back in its level 1 layout again. Tir's large bedroom was gone and his small room also occupied by Gremio, Cleo and Pahn was back.

Has anyone ever tried to play the game this way before and notice this?
Antimatzist

Re: HQ Castle bug - The castle grew, then shrunk again.

Post by Antimatzist »

This is already covered in this thread:
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10212

If you still posses a lv 1 castle after the defeat of Kwanda, the castle is temporary updated to lv 2 until you re-enter it.