Perfect game question

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Anoriand

Perfect game question

Post by Anoriand »

Hey there! First time poster, long time lurker here :D

Anywhoser, basically, I'm running into a wall here. Basically, I got Suiko 1 off the PSN recently (I already own hard copies of ever game in the series, but I like having it portable without hacking my PSP), and I've been working on a perfect game via my PSP. Thus far, I've attained 6 each of Celadon and Octopus Urns, and I've gotten up to the Dwarven Vault, having gone in and looted everything then escaped and saved. I also have McDohl at level 1 still, as I plan on using the level trick with him, and have already recruited Sheena at level 99. My party doesn't much matter, because Sheena quite literally kills Gigantes in 2 spells no matter how you slice it.

My question is this: Has anyone actually tested the limits of this games Random Number Generator? I just wanna know, because I've already tried to run down to Gigantes and kill him 10 times or so (I have a Holy Rune on, and I Let Go all enemies I run into), and I have no Goldlet yet. Now, this is way normal, as I know the drop rate is exceedingly low, but my question is: If I just barrel down to Gigantes floor, Let Go-ing all enemy encounters, and smack him with Ball Lightning twice to kill him, will I *ever* get a Goldlet? Or will the RNG just stick since it's the same thing over and over again? The enemy encounters I Let Go of make me think that the RNG WILL move, but I wanna make sure before I just waste my time.

Likewise, if that seems a bad strategy, should I go down to his floor and just fight an enemy group before I fight him? Fight enemy groups until they drop an item to rig the system, or some such? Fight enemy groups in ascending amounts (First 1 group, then 2, 3, 4...)?

I'm basically trying to see if anyone has any experience with this kind of situation, because this is going to be the last hard part of this game. Once I clear Gigantes, all I have to do is keep McDohl dead outside of some Pannu Yakuta leveling to fight Kwanda until I make it to Moravia to level jump, keeping my party filled with un level trick-able characters and the likes of Kuromimi and Sheena and farm items, but this is the part that will be most annoying because of the intracacies of it.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Perfect game question

Post by KFCrispy »

based on my testing with save states in an emulator, drops are randomly determined near the end of the battle, because i can save the game in-battle, get a drop, reload, do the exact same attack choices with exact same results, and get no drop.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Hmm, the Bestiary says the Goldlet is a 0.78% drop rate. In actuality, what would be a more accurate term for dropping? By the 1/255 standard?
ricecake

Post by ricecake »

Wicht wrote:Hmm, the Bestiary says the Goldlet is a 0.78% drop rate. In actuality, what would be a more accurate term for dropping? By the 1/255 standard?
2/255 = 0.007843 = 0.78%
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Hmm, still can't get that Goldlet to drop, I keep playing an hour here or there inbetween other titles since this is the only drop so far in the game giving me trouble. Must be coming up to around 130 battles with Gigantas. Yeesh.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Been ages -again- but last you heard from me I was trying to farm that Goldlet from Gigantas; I don't remember but I must've done 120-150 matches against the guy with nothing. Just started again... five times and still nothing. lol Dunno why I am bothering, think I'll try maybe another 50 times and then finally move on... Everything else seems to have been a breeze this HAS not. Yikes. Really wish there was some way to get it faster.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Wicht wrote:Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:56 pm
Hmm, still can't get that Goldlet to drop,
Wicht wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 pm
Been ages -again- but last you heard from me I was trying to farm that Goldlet from Gigantas
So you 've been hunting this monster over 4 months already :lol: just kidding.
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Over 4 months? Well technically yes... but I put in a huge time at the first posting, since then I've played maybe once or twice since then. 5-10 tries before doing something else. I'm going to dedicate a couple hours this weekend to it see if it won't finally crack.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

KFCrispy wrote:based on my testing with save states in an emulator, drops are randomly determined near the end of the battle, because i can save the game in-battle, get a drop, reload, do the exact same attack choices with exact same results, and get no drop.
Quite the oppposite, it's not random in same turn, as i tested in a battle againts 1 devil armor and 3 chaos shields.
When there's a turn that chaos shield(item) appear as drop, i reload 5 times to do different things but always get that shield (was hunting for mangosh) And then when i let the whole team defend to pass to new turn, that drop dissapear, that's why i concluded drops don't refresh in same turn but in new turn.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

maybe it's because you only chose Free Will? perhaps when manually selecting actions it changes it up...
Wicht

Post by Wicht »

Wow... my life has been hectic busy as of late. My 'Perfect' run has slowed down due to a lot of iRL situations but also the hunt for the 2nd Goldlet. I think over time I have about 150-200 battles against Gigantes and I'm starting to think is the second Goldlet really worth it? Technically speaking 'perfect runs' are usually based on Max level, getting all items or at least one of every item. And since you do get 1 from the Dragon's Den is the 2nd one worth it? I mean it is only a mid-level armor it isn't like a Ultimate Weapon or rare/best armor or what have you...

Just curious what opinion's are out there? Should I just say F-it? Or should I at least try another fifty runs and see if I get lucky? Technically it is a 2/255 chance, right and I'm pretty much near the 200 mark. What says you good Suiko people?
Last edited by Wicht on Mon May 27, 2013 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

F_ck it bro...you can have one,from Dragon's Den...so why bother getting another item twice? Like you said,it's not the ultimate weapon. :|

The only thing,that you should get 6 times,is those Persian Lamps and Hex Dolls,just to trigger these bath scenes.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I'd say you keep trying, I usually don't quit after trying so many times like you
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:I'd say you keep trying, I usually don't quit after trying so many times like you

Even if it will destroy your health? like...you know which one. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

How dare you use Clive avatar when your name is Sasarai the tenth :oops:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account