[FAQ] Krin and Kasumi disappear from Tablet / character list

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
alhvhin

[FAQ] Krin and Kasumi disappear from Tablet / character list

Post by alhvhin »

I was wondering if its natural for Krin and Kasumi to be not enlisted in my star of destiny tablet? Cuz that is happening to me now.. Please help. Thanks.
Hirathien

Re: Guys a question pls help

Post by Hirathien »

They dissapear from it when they aren't available, i think. When they have to get you into some Castle to help free Viktor.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: [FAQ] Krin and Kasumi disappear from Tablet / character

Post by KFCrispy »

Krin and Kasumi do some story-related mission(s) so they disappear at least once during the game. Viktor does this as well, although this is made obvious when it happens...
yes it's strange that they disappear from your Tablet of Stars just because they're busy, but that's how it works for this old game.
alhvhin

Post by alhvhin »

oh ok.. its strange cuz after defeating neclord my castle is supposed to grow at the last stage since i followed the walkthrough and recruited all that needs to be recuited.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

This question appears every two month on GameFAQs and here as well. Good idea making it sticky :)
shinigamikouryu

Post by shinigamikouryu »

I got the same problems too...
I need 3 people that supposed to join automatically...
Can we fix it or we need to play again from the beginning?
(Coz I'm almost finish the game, if I need to reset it all, I'm so gonna cry...) :(
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

did you read? they come back.
you can certainly try 'fixing' it with code breaker by trying the character recruit codes, but i'm not sure if that will make them count since the game does know they are recruited but is disabling them temporarily... you'd have to know the game's logic to be sure.
Meesh-Meister

Re: [FAQ] Krin and Kasumi disappear from Tablet / character list

Post by Meesh-Meister »

I know this is super old but;

Why not edit the guide to keep this from happening every two months?

I feel so dumb, I wasted quite a bit of time cross-checking the tablet trying to figure out who I was missing because the guide said I should have 90 characters by now; of course I skipped over the characters who got recruited automatically, I COULDN'T POSSIBLY HAVE MISSED THEM.

I had to make a spreadsheet to figure it out.

If nobody wants to volunteer the time to do it just let me know where to post the revision, i'm currently re-playing the game.