Rare Item Drops - Clarification

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Isiolith

Rare Item Drops - Clarification

Post by Isiolith »

(I apologize if this post seems redundant, as it's information that is available in one of the guides. However, my question is simply asking for clarification.)

The bestiary notes that if multiple enemies drop an item, only the first in the battle list is checked and the rest are ignored. Does this mean that if, for example, I'm looking for Master Garb, the only way to receive it is to fight a battle containing only the Earth Golem enemies, and not one where the Golem appears with other enemies (the Rabbit Bird and Mirage), since the Golem is listed last when it appears in these other formations?
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Rare Item Drops - Clarification

Post by Celes »

If, and only if, the other enemies (Rabbit Bird and Mirage) do not drop one of their items, you'll have a chance to get the loot from the Rock Golem.

The game does not check only the first enemy in the list. However, it checks the list from the top to the bottom and as soon as an item is rolled, it ignores the rest.
Isiolith

Post by Isiolith »

Ahh, okay. I misread (misunderstood?) the text on the Bestiary page then -- I thought it meant that the game only checked to see if the first enemy on the list would drop an item, thus making it impossible for the other enemies on the list to drop items as well.

Now it comes down to the question of whether it's more beneficial to fight everything that comes along with whatever enemy one is looking for, or to look only for encounters with solely that enemy (if said encounter exists). Ah, I love low drop rates. Thanks for your reply. :-)
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

If this game is anything like the second one, each enemy is tested for a drop as it is killed. When an enemy drops an item, a flag is set, and no more will be checked. So if you want to increase your chances, you should probably go for the enemies that carry the item you want first.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Loot system in S2 was improved so it doesn't work the same way here. I tested this and can confirm it rolls the loot from the top to the bottom.