Eikei : Battle arena ?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
BadPotato

Eikei : Battle arena ?

Post by BadPotato »

Hi, this has been a long time since I din't play this game, but could someone tell me if there are trully a battle arena mode in the american version?

Here's what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WIN-SIhTe8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWKixpvFtM

hmmm, I just really don't remember this...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Eikei : Battle arena ?

Post by patapi »

Those are from the enhanced port of the first Suikoden on the Sega Saturn (as stated in the video's title), which is presumably brought over to the Japan-only PSP release.

It wasn't around in the original English release on PS1, and unless the English release on PSN was enhanced, the arena has remained Japan-only over the years.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Those are from the enhanced port of the first Suikoden on the Sega Saturn (as stated in the video's title), which is presumably brought over to the Japan-only PSP release.
It's not on the PSP...
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

They didn't bring anything over from the Saturn version aside from the intro.

Which is a shame since the arena was kinda fun and hard as hell on it's higher levels. It's also the only place to get Darkness runes and Silver Armor as well as offering an endless supply of Rage runes.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

farming silver armors :P the curious point of this is the counterpart of blood armor sadly in suikoden 2 no exist but its amazing armor