Alternative gameplay

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
True Griever

Alternative gameplay

Post by True Griever »

I recently finished the game without buying items (except recruit items), sharpening weapons, equipping runes and cheating/glitching. While using only must-recruit characters (even in the warbattles), standard armor and getting all 108 stars. There is one rune I did equip and it was cleo's fire rune, since leknaat gave it to her (Zombie dragon is also unbeatable without it)
The game became a lot harder with fights against Kwanda and Teo and a few bosses.
I would recommend this, because its fun and you have to think before you go into a battle. Post your experiences with this gameplay here or ask questions.
Sagiri

Re: Alternative gameplay

Post by Sagiri »

Hmmm.... so you are saying hardly work at all and you can easily beat the game? If so, I've been doing it right for years.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

Actually this takes more work than a normal gameplay would.
This gameplay took me about 13 hrs.
While normally I beat the game in 7 to 8 hrs.
And if this is the way you usually play it, well congrats you are my new hero!
Although I seriously doubt this.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Right now I'm going through a different kind of challenege. I can do whatever I want with items and runes, but I'm going to try going through the game without getting any of the optional characters. Not even Marie the innkeeper. I want to see how hard the game becomes, especially the major battles.