Pahn vs Teo

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Hxc Flavor

Pahn vs Teo

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I'm having troubles defeating Teo. I've got Pahn wearing Head Gear, Ninja Suit, Toe Rings and a Guard Ring. He is level 31 and his weapon is level 9. The Duel Guide recommends his weapon be level 12 but I can't find where to get it sharpened that high. Can anyone offer some advice? I've also noticed that it depends on how many times Teo does Attacks or Desperate Attacks. More Desperate Attacks will mean less damage to Pahn while Attacks from Teo will always damage him. I need help!
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Antimatzist

Re: Pahn vs Teo

Post by Antimatzist »

I would just always defend (except for the times that Teo is defending himself), NEVER use a depserate attack yourself, you're half-dead afterwards, even if teo is attacking himself.

There is a high luck factor, if Teo uses a lot of desperate attacks it's quite an easy battle..

About the sharpening- no idea at the moment.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Here's a list of exactly what he'd do in any given situation in case you didn't already know this:

http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/guides/duel.php

To sharpen to level 12 you just have to talk to the blacksmith Mose. He should join automatically.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

It says Mose can be recruited automatically before delivering the fire spears, but can you recruit him before fighting Teo?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

If the instructions say that you should be at level 12 that must be the case. Is he recruited just before the battle with Teo? I'd look around the base for him.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Mose cannot be recruited before that battle. However, the blacksmith at Teien will do lv12 upgrades.
koriand'r

Post by koriand'r »

I consider pahn vs teo to be one of the hardest duels in the series given it just happens without warning or any notification of prep time. Ideally all characters in your party should have the best armor etc however there are those with reasonable HP and strong def stats that makes buying the best armor not so neccsary if they are fine as they are. When you play it first time it is a case of luck but on depending on how well you can read between the lines you should be able to guess some of the attacks but you need to be a quick learner as Teo is stronger in this fight then you are usually.