PS3 save file glitched

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Kelos

PS3 save file glitched

Post by Kelos »

So I've downloaded the Suikoden re-release in the ps3 store, and attempted some obscene grinding for water rune fragments to make a save file near the beginning where everyone has as many on their weapons as they can hold, and as many in their inventory as well, save for other, non purchasable items gotten before you get your castle. Took forever, and I got Tir up to level 37 with the Fortune rune, the other 4 at level 26, and up to there it seemed all well and good. The issue came after: I can load the save file where I've achieved this, having done no events but to go get the Astral Conclusions (haven't even returned them to Kraze). I can replicate the save, and that also will load and run. Issue is, if I continue past where you lose Ted, the save is rendered corrupt somehow. I believe it glitched somewhere in the party index, because at first, I got it to load the first save I made post Ted loss, right before gambling with Tai-Ho, and the only issue was that Tir was gone. My character sprite was replaced with some huge spritesheet garbage, apparently rendering at least Pahn and Cleo's walk cycles, and some SCEA copyright stuff in some other directions I faced. Tir was definitely gone, not just graphically, because my party somehow consisted of Viktor, Gremio, Pahn, Ted, and Odessa (in that order), and when I tried troubleshooting by saving over that file to see if it could rewrite properly, it registered Tir at level 0, that file will not load anymore, and when I go into save menus it says that file's corrupt.

So, evidently something's awry, sure, I really don't want to scrap 30+ hours of menial gathering though: anyone have any troubleshooting ideas. or dare I ask, experiences like this? I know having Ted & Odessa in the same party would seem like a weird golden opportunity, but just talking to Camille crashed the system every time, as did entering any other map than the world map, or houses in Kaku. Really wanted to pass this file on to someone who's never played and doesn't have a lot of time.
Blutiger Engel

Re: PS3 save file glitched

Post by Blutiger Engel »

Do you have any idea what could have caused this? I have the downloaded version on PSP and I'm hoping it doesn't have the issue as well...
Kelos

Post by Kelos »

I really wish I knew, that's the thing. It's all been manual, earnest grinding, and nothing out of the ordinary other than spending an eternity on Mt. Tigerwolf.

The only things I can think to do are trying to run through all the way to getting the castle with the original save, and seeing if getting to roster reassessment points past all this will bring him back into the index...or copying a save state from psx/emulators to ps3.

I wouldn't worry about yours though, I know it's not the game itself (unless the installation has corrupted of course, which I somehow doubt if other saves/new games work fine). My girlfriend played through into the elves village with no issues, she just didn't get the fortune or prosperity rune, and I'm a sarcastic bastard, so I made a ploy that she had done something horribly wrong by electing to kill Kraze, insinuating she might not get all the stars because I honestly didn't remember if it mattered at the time, off the top of my head, so it was an excuse to start this madness up. Other saves have gone through and loaded just fine regardless though. Something weird has happened to Tir, somehow, in this save.
Kelos

Post by Kelos »

Okay, I think I've fixed it. Could be interesting, maybe exploitable somehow, maybe it was just my save, haven't really tested it, maybe someone else could to see if it's just my copy. I initiated plot, & went on the mission for Kraze, and saved up on the Mt. Seifu save point, and reloaded, whereupon something similar happened, only the party was set as it should be. Originally, my party order had been set to Pahn, Tir, Gremio, Ted, Cleo, in that order, whereas post save, they were reverted to the default Tir, Gremio, Pahn, Cleo, Ted. I continued from that save, and everything's been going fine. I'll have to refill a few inventory screens, lost a days worth of grinding, but at least that's comparatively okay. Wonder what hidden operation might have caused that...