[Guide] Monster Level List

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Ellyos

Re: [Guide] Monster Level List

Post by Ellyos »

CelesDestiny wrote:You sure it's the first alternative?
No, I don't. I thought to the 2nd alternative as well. And, moreover, it's the fairest one but I feel it's the 1st method.
Of course, it could be the other way around as well: A drop is overwritten by another in the same battle
I don't think you can 'lose' drop, and I don't know how (and when) is calculated drop.

But well, there is so many points which make me think suikoden I has never been finished...
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

I've just testing a battle in "frame by frame" in kyaro aera(SII) with a rerecord emulator with frame counter, using savestate and that just really weird.. So I know that the RNS for drop rate should be rolled every "X" frame... (The X seem to be when the battle action as been changed or something totally random)

so test1: from the frame 88365 to 88556(these frame are the time that I'm waiting before press YES, to confirm battle action, here's its almost 3-4 second, there were 2 different battle action between these frame) I got everytime a celdaon urn.
then: for the 10next frame I got nothing.. then a faillure urn.. then it continue...

Also I tested for peeing boy in full frame by frame mode.. and sometime to get it, I have to press exactly on the good frame(I dint note what was the frame counter) ... this time I tested between 94924 to 94927 to get the peeings boys(3frame, then for the next 300 frame in frame by frame, I dint find other peeing boys.

In fact, this post wont help you to confirm your rate stat, but just to aware you that if you test with savestate, sometime that take long or very short time for a "new RNS rolled sequence".

Edit:
Ellyos wrote: BonBon :
[01 C0 | 02 C0 | 06 C0 ] (they're antiques)
[0A | 05 | 02] (<- that confirmed me these were drop rates)
So, [0A | 05 | 02], should means something like: [ 10/255: faillure urn | 5/255: octopus urn | 2/255: celadon urn], right?

And the meaning of C0 is for antique items categorie?? because this isn't the same number from the gameshark list, no?

Does "[0A | 05 | 02]" is right for all items in Common Item, Rare Item, Very Rare Items categories from the Suikoden II bestiary, or each monster have is own stat?
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Does "[0A | 05 | 02]" is right for all items in Common Item, Rare Item, Very Rare Items categories from the Suikoden II bestiary, or each monster have is own stat?
I'm not browsing suikoden 2 datas but not for suikoden 1. You can have 06, FF, 0F, etc... (max in suikoden 1 is 50)
Last edited by Ellyos on Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Elloys where did you get the hexa editor? I am going to try using it.
Grade"A"Brassiere
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

gradeAbra wrote:Elloys where did you get the hexa editor? I am going to try using it.
yes, and an example of monster database list(grouped in 60 byte, as you talked), that where we can found these files, should help.

By the way, awesome jobs :mrgreen:
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

For the editor, just type "translhextion" in google.

A monster data : Mosquito (?? are data I don't understand)
Folder : DATA/AREA_A/A_DATA.BIN

[ name --------------------------------------- ]
37 1F 23 21 25 19 24 1F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

[ lvl | ?? | HP | PWR | SKL | DEF | SPD | MAG | LCK ]
04 | 00 | 11 00 | 1E 00 | 32 00 | 06 00 | 1D 00 | 00 00 | 23 00

[ Resists : Fire | Water | Earth | Thunder | Wind | Resurrection | ?? | Soul Eater | ?? on 12 bytes ]
01 | 00 | 01 | 00 | 00 | 00 | 2C | 00 | 74 0E 0A 80 B0 11 0A 80 04 00 08 80

[ Bits | Drop 1 | Rate 1 | Drop 2 | Rate 2 | Drop 3 | Rate 3 | ?? on 4 bytes and more ]
14 00 | 19 | 05 | 94 | 05 | 00 | 00 | 00 00 00 00 ...

To CelesDestiny :
I thought about drop calculation method, and I think second one is just not possible. I know this issue doesn't happen but what if sum of three drop rate is over 255 ?
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

Ellyos wrote:[ name --------------------------------------- ]
37 1F 23 21 25 19 24 1F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Hm, look like that this isn't ascii, I should think that suikoden have his own encode for each "graphical letter"... do you have an external table to be able to read this? my hexadecimal editor give me some weird letter..

I think to be sure of how the whole mechanic game works, you should "hack" some datas and see what happen when you run the game... example to be sure that drop 3 is the drop 3.. you can edit it at 254 and the other to 0, to see if you got 99% to got the items.

I made also some test on suikoden 2, while "cheating" on some address value(example: 2AD64 and 2AD65(category item) is the memory address for enemy item drop, and if I don't reset correctly the address... the game was caught in an "infinite while" at the next battle action(I press on confirm button, and our character and enemy dint start the battle). So, I inspect that for suikoden1, that could be an "infinite while", a freeze, a direct crash or the game will continue play, but may affect some other thing...
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Here is the table for Suikoden (1 & 2) (only chars and numbers so far) :
suikodentable.tbl

translhextion hexa editor can load .tbl to use other tables than ascii one.

And for test about drop, yeah I know, I'm just to lazy...
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Ellyos wrote:To CelesDestiny :
I thought about drop calculation method, and I think second one is just not possible. I know this issue doesn't happen but what if sum of three drop rate is over 255 ?
If that's the case, I suppose the "item overwrite" would come into operation.

In terms of the unknown bytes: I believe they deal with the enemies attacks. They differ physical/magic (in matters of defense), the range s/m/l, the targets (like single/all) and a possible negative status. I don't think the enemies attack deals with elements, as you have no special resistance against certain elements anyway in S1.
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

I think I identified 1 of these ?? bytes

The one just after the level seems to be size of the monster :
00 : little monster : all monsters but the ones listed below
01 : medium monster : Golem, Earth Golem, Clay Doll, Rock Buster, Roc, Simurgh, Oannes, Dagon, Ghost Armor, Devil Armor, Eagle Man, Hawk Man, Ivy, Mad Ivy, Sorcerer, Magus, Grizzly Bear, Shadow, Shadow Man, Grave Master, Banshee, Demon Sorcerer, Ekidonna, Colossus
02 : big monster : Queen Ant, Zombie Dragon, Dragon, Hell Unicorn, Wyvern

The second one (between resurrection resist and Soul Eater behaviour) seemed to be the way to attack, but Im' really not sure since I find some issue in this theory.
So I haven't identified clearly these values.
Here are all monsters if anyone see a link between them :

00 : FurFur, BonBon, Wild Boar, Black Wild Boar, Death Boar, Clay Doll, Slot Man, Queen Ant, Crystal Core, Shell Venus, Golden Hydra
01 : (slime attack style ?) : Killer Slime, Red Slime
02 : Ninja master
03 : Empire soldier (knight, sword, spear), Empire Captain, Varkas, Anji, Kanak, Leonardo, Kobold (soldier), Robot soldier, Veteran Soldier (spear), Dwarf, Crimson Dwarf, Death Machine, Elite Soldier, Sonya Shulen, Orc, Ain Gide, Imperial Guards (sword)
04 : Golem, Holly Boy (from magician island), Crow, Empire soldier (crossbow), Bandit (archer), Veteran soldier (crossbow), Dragon, Siren (any), Whip wolf, Neclord, Banshee, Red Elemental, Hell unicorn, Mirage, Rock buster, Wyvern, Earth golem, Rabbit bird, Ekidonna, Colossus, Phantom.
05 : Red soldier ant, soldier ant, holly boy (from great forest), Oannes, zombie dragon, devil shield, creeper, delf, grizzly bear, dagon, demon hound, hell hound (any), magic shield, magus, whip master, kerberos
06 : Ninja
07 : Bandit (red and yellow), Veteran soldier (sword), Imperial guards (knight)
08 : (tentacle attack style ?) : (Ivy, Mad Ivy, Giant Snail, Giant Slug only)

0B : Sydonia
0C : Slasher rabbit, Killer rabbit, Flying Squirrel, Kobold mage, Strong Arm, Nightmare, Viperman, Shadow, Grave master, Shadow man
0E : Assassin

(flying monsters for the following ones ?)
20 : Black Elemental
21 : Demon sorcerer
23 : Holly Fairy
24 : Ghost armor, devil armor, gigantes, sorcerer, sunshine king
25 : larvae
27 : Holly spirit
28 : Eagle man, Hawk man
2C : mosquito, roc, simurgh
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

hm, , while neclord have his own unique attacks.. he cant be in the same categorie of the Holly Boy.. still that was a nice possibility :cry:

Here is some idea(maybe not for this byte, because I have no idea for this one):
-ressistance against: dispel, knockdown, poisons, and some other status... ?
-Attack bonus with fire attack, earth attack, lighting attack... etc
-weakness against some specific rune(maybe falcon rune deal more domage on some monster ? )
-gender male/female/unknown
-how much MP they have at level 1 or anything else...
-value for an non-implanted feature :mrgreen:
BadPotato

Post by BadPotato »

I would like to know if you will attempting to found how works items drop rate for suikoden2. Also, I thought that maybe the "byte system" from S2 could help you for the unknown value, from S1.

Also, I've previously trying to understand something with this tool and definitly that is very hard to understand how this works... in 20-30 second I got 1millions asm line in the log files...
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

BadPotato wrote:I would like to know if you will attempting to found how works items drop rate for suikoden2.
I don't think I'll do it... Suikoden I already takes me too much time :wink:
Also, I thought that maybe the "byte system" from S2 could help you for the unknown value, from S1.
Well, since there is a lot more info on monster data from suikoden 2, I don't think it would help me... that could be worse...
Also, I've previously trying to understand something with this tool and definitly that is very hard to understand how this works... in 20-30 second I got 1millions asm line in the log files...
Well to start, PSX loads all main.exe in RAM so that explains all the asm lines. And trying to describe code from beginning is a crazy task. Anyway, I read an ASM tutorial yesterday... I think I'm gonna try to program in it a little to understand it more...
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Ellyos can you post the monster drop rate for this game?
Grade"A"Brassiere
Ellyos

Post by Ellyos »

Suikoden I ? CelesDestiny is typing it, but since I released him a big file, well that takes some time ^^ :P

Edit : I removed Pdf Bestiary from my site since Celes updated suikosource one.
Last edited by Ellyos on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.