[Guide] Castle Levels, Requirements & Arrangement

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
BlueMage279

Re: [Guide] Castle Levels, Requirements & Arrangement

Post by BlueMage279 »

EDIT: Nevermind, figured out my mistake.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Does Eikei appear in Teien if you still have level 1 castle? If yes do you have an option to recruit him even if you are level 40? In the guide it says your castle must be level 2,in order to join,but yet it would be cool to see an ultra-rare dialogue that says that he needs a bigger castle,etc...because it's extremely difficult to be level 40 by the time.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

"Some characters in town in Milich' domain won't talk to you at all, with a castle lv 1"

Eikei is one of them. You cannot talk to him at all. Even if you could, I assume he would have the same text regardless of your level as Lorelai has by talking to her with level 25 and no castle.

These are pretty rare circumstances that went into production without beeing tested. You find many of them in Suikoden 1.

However, most people don't know about the special dialogs of Morgan, Zen and Hugo with a level 2 castle.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:
Eikei is one of them. You cannot talk to him at all. Even if you could, I assume he would have the same text regardless of your level as Lorelai has by talking to her with level 25 and no castle.

These are pretty rare circumstances that went into production without beeing tested. You find many of them in Suikoden 1.

However, most people don't know about the special dialogs of Morgan, Zen and Hugo with a level 2 castle.

I'm gonna try this....game is very short though,so it won't be a problem to reach to that point,if you rush the game...it'll take only a few hrs.

Other special dialogues can be found are those with Tai Ho in Kaku,if you have less than 1000 bits and ask him to gamble...also if you lose,and you remain with less than 1000 bits...he'll say sth like "go to raise some cash,i'll be glad to take your money again". Kage and FuSuLu has similar dialogues too.

Also another strange comment i found,is when Ledon runs the inn in Tigerwolf, if you don't have enough money with you to stay,then instead of the classic "that's not enough money" he'll just say "5"...what does it mean? Possibly a bug.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Check out other secrets along your way:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/secrets/
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:Check out other secrets along your way:
http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs1/secrets/

Ah,i've done most of them. :D

The one i don't understand is this:

Check on Chandler's and Chapman's goods at your castle, if you have never visited any item and armor store at all.

I've entered only one item shop,in order to sell some objects,and never been in an armor shop. They don't have any hidden comments...Chapman will just sell only Bandana,and Chandler Medicine,Antitoxin and Escape Talisman (if i remember corectly)

Today i tried to see if the guys recruited in Qlon Temple and Warrior Village,have any special dialogue,but not at all...only Morgan says a different line,and he is the one were you have an option to recruit him...Hugo for example,even if you have the War Scroll,he'll say the same comment,before finding it.
Also it seems,that Lotte's cat can be captured,only if you have castle level 3,or more.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Sasarai10 wrote:Also it seems,that Lotte's cat can be captured,only if you have castle level 3,or more.
LOL, interesting find. This might well be the truth :mrgreen:
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
CVagts

Post by CVagts »

As far as I know, you can't catch the cat unless you talk to Lotte first to trigger the quest, and she won't trigger the quest unless you have castle level 3.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yep, it's similar to the PSP remake, because you can run diagonally, you can "catch" the cat earlier than you should, but you can't really catch her because you need to trigger Lotte's recruitment first.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Celes wrote:"Some characters in town in Milich' domain won't talk to you at all, with a castle lv 1"

Just check it out...Hellion and Eikei,when i press X,it won't appear any text at all. Only when you talk to Chapman will appear some text...but it's just like when you speak to a regular Armorer
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I've noticed that Marco requires a castle level 3 in order to appear too. Otherwise his sprite won't appear.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Celes wrote:Rubi is a good candiate to miss for most people.
Indeed, but last time I played the game the one I missed was Quincy.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

A quick question, are the hidden castle level 2 comments of Jeane, Lotte, Qlon, Sarah, Zen and Morgan worth the "trouble"?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I thought level 2 is having recruited 30 characters at maximum. Stupid me. Then it's not real trouble. But still, are they worth it?
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:A quick question, are the hidden castle level 2 comments of Jeane, Lotte, Qlon, Sarah, Zen and Morgan worth the "trouble"?

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I thought level 2 is having recruited 30 characters at maximum. Stupid me. Then it's not real trouble. But still, are they worth it?

not at all just some alternate comments...unless you're a perfectionist (like me :mrgreen: ) then you should do it :D
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, currently LPing the first game, so I'll aim for it. Already missed some hodden comments in the beginning which is a bit of a pain^^