Omitted Hidden Scene

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
gogen25

Omitted Hidden Scene

Post by gogen25 »

I have seen a scene where you go to an inn in one of the nicer looking towns and talk to one of the inn's patrons and then, as long as Krim (Krin?) is in your party, the patron will get mad (money thieving) and Krim (Krin?) will flee from the inn (he'll leave your party and run back to the castle so you will have to go back and put him back in your party).

I just found it odd that this scene is omitted from the list of hidden scenes in the gameplay section, that's all.
Antimatzist

Re: Omitted Hidden Scene

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah I knew that. Krin is really a bastard.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

thanks i'll update the hidden scenes when i get the chance. i think we can add some more as well, like see Teo and Sonya and reading her diary, seeing Milich's house.......
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Whoa, i miss out on all these, when and where are you going to update?
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

• Check the armor in Gregminster palace for 100 bits at the beginning
  • Talk to Kasim and Kraze right before your audience with the Emperor
  • Talk to the man in Sarady in the upper right house with McDohl alone for a Fortune rune or with Ted in your party for a Prosperity rune
  • Visit Sonya right after Teo leaves the house for the first time
  • Check on the diaries of Pahn, Cleo (looked), Sonya and your own (save point)
  • Talk to two men in Rocklands inn with Kanaan in convoy
  • Fight an optional battle with Empire soldiers in Rockland after the Mt. Seifu mission for an extra scene
  • Check on Chandler's and Chapman's goods at your castle, if you have never visited any item and armor store at all
  • Talk to Onil often, for different hints and comments throughout the whole game (she is the gossiper, you know =) )
  • Leave Kaku, the night Krin is waiting for you outside of Lepan'ts mansion, re-enter and talk to him at the inn
  • Try to leave Kraze's mansion without talking to Pahn
  • Accept to kill Kwanda at the frist option for an extra scene involving Windy
  • Check for Kwanda's location if you recruit him and still posses a level 1 castle only (requires that you have skipped everyone else until now)
  • Accept to kill Milich at the first option for an extra scene involving Camille
  • Talk to Jeane, Lotte, Qlon, Sarah, Zen and Morgan with a level 2 castle, for some quotes you may have never seen before
  • Try to enter Kaku by boat, after the first battle with Teo
  • Talk to Anji at Pirate's Island with either just Tai Ho or just Yam Koo in your party
  • When you return from Kirov with the fire spears, enter the castle by boat
  • Talk to a guy in Warrior's village with Flik in your party
  • Check on the water of the Hidden rune village after Windy's attack for free healing
  • Rest at one of the coffins at Neclord's castle for free healing
  • After your conversation with Vincent at the Dragon's Den, enter Antei with less than 200 bits
  • Take Liukan with you, on your first conversation with Joshua
  • Return to the old liberation army's hideout the time you can re-enter Gregminster area
  • Enter the lower left house in Lenankamp with Meg in your party
  • Talk to the guy on the second floor of the inn at Lenankamp with Krin in your party
  • Check on a tombstone in Rockland with Clive in your party
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

# Check on Chandler's and Chapman's goods at your castle, if you have never visited any item and armor store at all
Oh what happens? It's difficult not to visit any item store...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

wow that's some good stuff, thanks!
Muinesque

Post by Muinesque »

Well here are some screen shots of the Krin scene in Lenankamp.Just so you know.This scene can be repeated until Administrators can fly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muinesque

Post by Muinesque »

These are the last two shots of the Krin scene.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I tried to take Krin back in there for a whooping, but nothing happens.

Pretty pointless cutscene otherwise. :P
gogen25

Post by gogen25 »

This is a very minor one, but if you take Milich Oppenheimer to the baths with an all male party, he will bath in the women's side of the bath. Just thought I would mention this.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

CelesDestiny wrote:
  • Talk to Kasim and Kraze right before your audience with the Emperor
what happens here?

isn't there a scene involving Krin in the upper-left-most house in Lenankamp? i might just be thinking about the guy in the inn, but... will have to check some day!

i've added these to the "secrets" page: http://suikosource.com/games/gs1/secrets/
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Talk to Kasim and Kraze right before your audience with the Emperor

They have special lines, which change as soon as you start talking to Teo. But nothing very speacial.

Examine the well in Rockland after fighting the bandits.

Well spread rumor? I have double checked this, and there is nothing special.

isn't there a scene involving Krin in the upper-left-most house in Lenankamp?

Yes, Krin can be found in the upper left house in Lenankamp at the beginning. He recommand looking for antiques, dropped by monsters for special items then.

Two more:
  • Talk to Kraze over and over again (up to six times), after receiving instructions for the Rockland mission. Very funny!
  • Take the captured bandits with you to Kraze instead of Grady for some additional lines.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

The secret section is updated and slightly rearranged.
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

CelesDestiny wrote: Examine the well in Rockland after fighting the bandits.

Well spread rumor? I have double checked this, and there is nothing special.
I'm assuming this is referring to if you examine the well in Rockland after fighting the bandits you will find imperial soliders beating up one of the two little kids that usually hang out around the well, and you can choose to fight them. I've done this every time I've played. Although I think if you examine it after that, a dialogue box comes up saying something not very interesting or important.
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...