Rune Fragments stackable?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
KwandaRosman

Rune Fragments stackable?

Post by KwandaRosman »

Hi everyone! I have a quick questio nfor you! If anybody know the answer don't hesitate to answer! :D I would like to know if the Rune fragments you embed on your sword is stackable? I know that the Water rune fragments are stackable but what about Earth,Fire and Lightning fragments? Anyay thanks in advance! :)
Celes
Global Admin

Re: Rune Fragments stackable?

Post by Celes »

You can stack up to 9 rune pieces on your weapon of the same type.

celes
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Only 9? I am playing the PSP version and i can stack up to 99 rune pieces.
Grade"A"Brassiere
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

afaik they changed it on the PSP Version
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

can you go above 99 in the PSP? i remember someone was testing but gave up because the person had spent enough time with that.
oops

Post by oops »

Nah I did it ages ago... Completly forgot about it until now. I got to 101 water runes

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... &sk=t&sd=a if you need the post about it.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

Can you really stack more than 99 Water Rune pieces on your weapon? Or just have more than 99 in your WAREHOUSE? Farming Water Rune Pieces is fun. I only bother to farm up to 50....
Grade"A"Brassiere
oops

Post by oops »

Yes.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

What is the limit?
Grade"A"Brassiere
oops

Post by oops »

I don't know. If you care to read the link that I provided then you will see that I stopped because it was taking a long time.
oops wrote:Remind me never to do this again. I've managed to get past 100 water rune pieces and it still adds. Maybe the limit is 255 as per the stats? or maybe as much as 999. eventually it will reset back to 0 but I think I'll stop now.

Still only on level 45 combat at the start of the game. A little way to go for 99 :P
Other than to find out the max fragments stackable I don't really see the point of getting anymore than 60-70 water runes as that heals the charachter to a good health every turn.
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

I don't think it was intended to break the 9 rune pieces limit at the PSP version, as it could easily screw up your game with enough water rune pieces for the first Neclord battle - if you are not aware of the bribe glitch, that is...

The rune pieces are very unbalanced distributed at all in S1. You can farm some, while others are unique. In the end, they are just a little extra, and not for massive stacking, intentional. That's why they replaced them with normal runes in S2, embedded on weapons.
gradeAbra

Post by gradeAbra »

In Suikoden 4 they uses runes pieces too.
Grade"A"Brassiere
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah but they don't heal the character in Suikoden IV, and there is still a limit anyway.
borjitasstoi

Post by borjitasstoi »

the cap its 255 rune pieces but the 256th its reset
(tested with my level 99 perfect cleo)
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Either way, having 99 oder 255 rune pieces, is totally out of normale ranges, takes numberless hours of grinding and will break the game.
With the same amount of time for farming just 9 water rune pieces at the beginning, you can rush through the whole game instead.
Like I said (8 years ago), rune pieces are just some side kick. You find very few thoughout the game and they have little impact.
Exhausting game mechanics like that cannot question the meaning of those items seriously.
You can farm billions of Gil in Finfal Fantasy VII before the counter flips over, which is clearly not right but no one ever gets there so it doesnt really matter.