[Patch] German Translation

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Celes
Global Admin

[Patch] German Translation

Postby Celes » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Suikoden German Translation Patch Version 1.00

This is the first ever complete translation of the first Suikoden to German. This patch tries to be as faithful to the original Japanese text as possible, with multiple corrections of mistranslations, misspellings and some minor censorship (references to alcohol were removed from the English version). All graphics in the game have been translated to German.

Instead of the original PSX intro, the more sophisticated intro of the later released Sega Saturn version was imported. The intro has been completely translated to German.

In some translations of spells, runes and some geographic names, the translation aimed at maximum consistency with the German translations of Suikoden IV, Tactics and V, and ignored consistencies with Suikoden II, whose German translation is really bad.

Full Patch Notes + Several Screenshots + Download File
SNES-PROJECTS.DE (in German)

Summary + Download File
ROMhacking.net

Antimatzist

Re: [Patch] German Translation

Postby Antimatzist » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:11 am

It was a great project. :-)

foldo

Re: [Patch] German Translation

Postby foldo » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:41 pm

Hi, I translated the game into spanish and I want to know if somebody can help me with the images, because they are the only thing left in english (and I mean EVERY image, from the names of the negative status like "SILENT" or "UNBALANCED" to the "Congratulations" when you win a war). In fact, I don't want to scrounge (I am not sure if this is the word), but if someone can give a tool or something to uncompress the images and compress them again, I will be forever grateful. (Obviously, if somebody give me that tool, that person will figure in the patch's credits, like Pyriel with the bugfix patch).
Thanks in advance.

P.S.: Please forgive any typo.

Return to “Suikoden I”