[Guide] Getting Your Characters to Lv 99 Easily

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Pyriel
Webmaster

Re: [Guide] Getting Your Characters to Lv 99 Easily

Postby Pyriel » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:24 am

Dividing by the number of party members is just an adjustment for having help really. It's extremely simple, but there you have it.

They could have done some scheme where a person counts for more or less based on their level (as an indicator of contribution), or tallied up damage or kills to use as a factor. All in all, keeping it simple works as well, and gives them less opportunity to introduce loopholes and errors.

Jack of All Trades

Postby Jack of All Trades » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:58 am

Small Note, it's probably okay to have Tir at level 3 when fighting Kwanda. This would also allow you to recruit Sarah at Level 99. Since Kirke joins at -2, you may be tempted to hold off to leveling to 3 until after you recruit him but you can't pick him up until after the duel with Teo. Since Teo would probably cream you no matter what it's not really possible to recruit him at 99.

highwind44029

Postby highwind44029 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:17 pm

Are there enemies in groups of 6 before Moravia? Like in Seek Valley, Dragon's Den, or the Dragon's Den area? I can't seem to find any.

borjitasstoi

Postby borjitasstoi » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:33 am

Good job!!!

Goe Ta

About recruiting character at level 99

Postby Goe Ta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:35 am

Well, i had done to recruit Sheena and Kuromimi at level 99. The advantage (besides Suikoden 2 bonus) is that while meet a random battle, instead of fight, you had to choose Let go rather than Run. Because of your party high level (the 99 level factor).
While recruiting, their status are always random. So you may save the game then recruit them back to check their ability like PWR, SKL, MGC.

The may challenging task is to beat Kwanda Rosman and Teo McDohl, as you (Tir) at level 1 or level 2.
Actually you can become level 2. Since only Kuromimi and Sheena that need -1 to recruit them at level 99.
But notice at the duel, that is just useless to increase the DEF rather than his PWR. Because his HP (at level 1 just 17).

For example: Kwanda cast the Defend, Tir eventually Attack him, but the damage is 0. At this situation, Tir never win.
Even if Kwanda do Desperate attack, while you Defend, the damage move to go down. This is because you have very low PWR to punch him.
While it considered, there are only one Power rune piece in Suikoden One. To pump/increase the DEF is not helping.

In my case, Kwanda never cast any Attack. So i still had full HP after defeating him.

The result after defeating the duel against Kwanda Rosman as Tir in level 1 or level 2, is to recruit Gon and Sarah at level 99 :

While i already had Kuromimi and Gon at level 99.
I had fun by defeating Neclord using Kuromimi and Gon unite (the Kobold Attack).
For Sarah, as we all know, she is a good magician.

About beat Teo McDohl, even if you at level 1, you need to win this duel. Since Teo's Army lose at War battle, you must notice that Teo doesn't has full HP while fight against Tir, his son. I actually just sharpen arms from 9 (Dragon Fang staff) into 12 (Heaven Fang staff). With Teo less HP you just need to hit him around three times by his Desperate attack, while you choose to defend.

You need to stay at least level 2 to recruit Kirke at level 99, only after win the duel against Teo. Because Lorimar gate still closed, before the event when Kasumi jump on the gate then opening from inside. The event can happen only after Tir's Soul Eater is level 3. You need to crossed from Lorimar first to meet Kirke.

Kirke not like other people think, with his ex-cut off head job, he had more SKL, he actually not so bad.

Otherwise after all this thing, i feel dumb when i'm watch this page.

Return to “Suikoden I”