Guaranteed Celadon Urn and Octopus Urn. [PSN]

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in the The Gate Rune Wars; or wish for more clarity on the gameplay systems.
Shinjiro

Guaranteed Celadon Urn and Octopus Urn. [PSN]

Postby Shinjiro » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:14 am

Hello! I'm a new user here, but I've been a longtime Suikoden fan, and I decided to pick up the game again for some reason.

With the help of speedrunner Z3R01337, I managed to isolate a pattern in Gregminster that will lead to a 3 BonBon fight on the World Map and will drop a guaranteed Celadon Urn (or Octopus Urn, with some differences in attack patterns). However, for this to work, you'll need a Holy Rune. Linked is Z3R01337's video for getting a Holy Rune (and a Celadon Urn to get you started) on PSN/PS3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZehgKXu5h

With that out of the way, you will need to do a HARD RESET every time. Not a soft reset, but using [Reset Game] on the PS3/PSP menu for each item.

The only requirements for this to work are:
Have the full 5-man party (Tir, Ted, Gremio, Cleo, Pahn) and your party at Lv. 6 (Pahn included) so that their SPD is higher than the BonBons
Your save file to begin from your room, not Maria's Inn.

For the pathing pattern in Gregminster:

First, step out of your house, then DASH BACK IN.

Now, hold dash and exit again and hold Left. When you've almost reached the fountain, go Down, and Left again when you are below the old man by the fountain.

This is the part that will require some precision. When Tir's sprite reaches halfway into the old man's sprite, GO DOWN IMMEDIATELY to the exit to the World Map.

If done correctly, your first encounter should be 3 BonBons. if not, HARD RESET.

You will have to follow these steps EXACTLY if you want the desired drops. If not, you might get a different item, or nothing at all.

For Celadon Urn:

TURN 1: ALL UNITS DEFEND
TURN 2: Have Ted attack the first BonBon on the list, and everyone else Defend.
TURN 3: USE FREE WILL

For Octopus Urn:

TURN 1: ALL UNITS DEFEND
TURN 2: USE FREE WILL

They will drop the Celadon Urn/Octopus Urn EVERY TIME. Save at your room in your house and HARD RESET for the next one.

Return to “Suikoden I”