Introducing friends to Suikoden...

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
LanceHeart

Re: Introducing friends to Suikoden...

Post by LanceHeart »

I've gotten a few people (about 4) to play the games, though three out of them brushed it off because they found it too easy (they like auto-flagellation in their games...)

I actually got introduced to Suikoden by my brother, who rented S1 waaaay back when I first got my PS1 (I used to be an exclusive FFanboy back then) but the series only peaked my interest when he brought his copy of S2 to my place, where I ended up playing through the entire game over the span of a week of intensive gaming..

My advice is just throw them at Suikoden 2 to see if they like it. If not, try Suikoden 4 (yeah, yeah, it's the worst... but it's still the most standard JRPG in the series) and if that fails... Just don't bother at that point.
Formerly known as: Gothann
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

My lovely friend, Tom introduced me to the series.

But after my morning class one day, I went to the mall across the street from the school and saw Suikoden IV and bought it. I didn't play it yet (Busy week. . .finals) but after he talked about it one night I fell in love with the series.

Now I have them all. . . .THAT'S how good of a persuader he is.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

KFCrispy wrote:i've gotten 2 people to play the game. the first one kept pronouncing "suikoden" wrong so it pissed me off.. but i think he played 1-3 and maybe 4 when we in high school. the other person is my girlfriend who thinks it's just okay. she played 1, most of 2, and some of 5... she doesn't commit to games so she will simply stop playing them after a while unless it's short enough O_o
I pronounce it as SOO-koden even with the knowledge of its correct pronunciation SWI-koden! I just got used to it since I've been pronouncing it that way since I was around 8 years old!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

I hate it when people say Swi-koo-den. >_> Sew-E-Co-Den or me.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Repner

Post by Repner »

KFCrispy wrote:I pronounce it as SOO-koden
I used to think it was that as well. Then I went to play Metal Gear Solid and Psycho Mantis saw that I had a Suikoden I save in my memory card and said "So you like Suu-ee--koden?"
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

XD That's exactly what I did. Except he said I was really good at Suikoden. I'm pretty sure this is because I was saved right before the last boss.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Yeah ever since I was like 8 I always said SOO-ko-den too.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I don't know but SOO-koden is more comfortable to say. For me, that is.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i got two. i tried with around 10 or more. :?

admittedly, i might have tried some of the wrong people, as a few of them don't like rpgs at all. they said it seemed really cool, but it just wasnt their thing.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

this makes me a bit sad.... =( lolz...

up to now, ive only gotten my 2 sisters to occassionally play with me. they love the mini games! this game was actually the catalyst to them being part of my dark cloud 2, fina fantasy X, and legend of zelda: twilight princess games....

but to actually show someone this game and make them play, ZIP...none at all..i can get a bit antisocial every now and then so i only have a few good friends. whats more, there arent many RPG gamers here where i live..i think this also contributes to the reason why i dont have a best friend (if anyone is interested, message me. ^_^) i tried showing the game to a couple of friends, but they all acted like idiots by saying the graphics suck (has anyone ever heard of GAMEPLAY and STORYLINE? and IMO, the graphics rock...)

i have, however, met a similar fan. shes my classmate in a few classes. shes only played 1 and 2 though....

oh, which reminds me! i tried to spread the suikoden word to my other friends. ony of my friends still has my suikoden 1 and 2 copy...@_@ i need to get it back.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

I say the graphics rock too, remember Castlevania SoTN? PS1 was well into 3D games by the time that came out but it was still a huge game, just like Suikoden it had catchy fun graphics and the storyline was really well thought out and good (Suikoden's still blows its story out of the water). And right before I started saying Soo-Koden I was saying Soo-Di-Ken...but till this day I don't say Suikoden, just say Soo-Koden still.

Sweet, I'm in the process of getting my little cousin into Suikoden 2...over the phone and computer....and its 2:58 am! (free nights and weekends rock) he said if he likes the game enough he may join us here at Suikosource.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Kai-the-cat

Post by Kai-the-cat »

let me think.... i say about five but i don't see about
three of them any more :(
Im_a_Silverberg
Location: Sometimes in Harmonia, Sometimes at Dunan but Often in Manila Philippines

Post by Im_a_Silverberg »

Runemaster wrote:My siblings express no interest (or they try to hide their obsession to play MY Suikoden games! ^__^) in playing Suikoden. I have no plan of spreading Suikoden to my friends in fear of having them borrow my games, since Suikoden's are rare here.

Very True. suikoden series in the phil. is so rare that even in Quiapo "The Center of Piracy in The Philippines" cant produce it. most especially 1 and 2 because the platform is now phased out. Were blessed to have our copies Runemaster! =))
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Im_a_Silverberg wrote:
Runemaster wrote:My siblings express no interest (or they try to hide their obsession to play MY Suikoden games! ^__^) in playing Suikoden. I have no plan of spreading Suikoden to my friends in fear of having them borrow my games, since Suikoden's are rare here.

Very True. suikoden series in the phil. is so rare that even in Quiapo "The Center of Piracy in The Philippines" cant produce it. most especially 1 and 2 because the platform is now phased out. Were blessed to have our copies Runemaster! =))
You are, completely!! I'm just 'partly' blessed! Had SII for P8.5k!! Don't have a copy of the first! The same seller's selling me his copy but I can't contact him right now. I'm pretty sure it'll break a dozen piggy banks! heheh.

And oh, one more thing I HATE about sharing the greatest games (XD) is that of fear in hearing more negative feedbacks than positive. That, mainly, is the reason. Bwct! :)
Seiso

Post by Seiso »

Well, recruiting someone to play Suikoden (Suu-ee-koden) isn't the esiest task, but, I recruited two of my friends a long time ago, but, I don't know many people that woul'd play it =/