need to play suikoden 3

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
gulliesdave

need to play suikoden 3

Post by gulliesdave »

ok i love the suikoden games
and love following the story through all the games
but i live in sad old england
why is it sad ?
coz suikoden 3 wasnt relised here
i already bought a copy and have tried many things
the shops normaly tell me to buy something and it will deff play it
what a load of crap it doesnt and they wont let me take this stuff back coz they think
"it doesnt play us games on uk consoles is a valid reason"

so anyway back to the point does anyone know any tried and tested ways to play us games in the uk

there was something on here awhile ago about card slidders and stuff but really didnt understand it

please help me see what happens with luc
Quing

Re: need to play suikoden 3

Post by Quing »

All right. As opposed to you, I am a guy in the US who wanted to play Japanese games (and eventually managed it). There are a couple of nifty disc-things out there that claim to be able to let you play import games on your PS/PS2. They are lying. Okay, they might not be lying, but they sure as heck didn't work for me. So how did I play Japanese games? I bought a Japanese Playstation. So that's my recommendation. Buy an American Playstation and an adapter. It will work, and thus has infinitely more value than the various options that won't work.
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

No they arent lying, i've played a Japanese Dragon Ball Z game on my PS1 a million times, you just need some sort of spring to place into the disc lid and a game enhancer that hooks up on the back of your PS1 and that should make the game play... however i'm not so sure it'd work with a US game on a EU console though.
Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing the self is enlightenment.
Conquering others is power;
conquering the self is strength.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Hey i also live in the UK (doncaster) and i had the same problem as you and at first i didn't even know it wouldn't work (young and foolish at the time) when i got suikoden 3 off ebay.com when it first came out (I love the suikoden series and have them since i was bout 11 lol) so when it didnt work i kept trying to find ways to play it an they were all crap an dint work so after bout a year an a half me and my little brother put our xmas money and everything we had saved up from birthdays and paper rounds and ordered an american ps2 off ebay.com .... the seller was then a fraud but we got our money back off ebay an ordered another, after waitin bout a week an a half it came wooo! lol but then we couldn't plug it in (american plug on it) but my girlfriend at the times dad was an electrical engineer so he told me i needed a ntsc to pal transformer thing to plug it into otherwise it wouldn't work so i got 1 of these for like 20 quid when i had the cash (i asked 20 people if i could borrow a quid an it worked lol
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

but then when i got home it finaly worked lol but it was in black n white lol so i then had to get a new tv that was ntsc compatible for the next xmas lol it was crazy........ good news tho my memory cards and joy pads all work on it so i didnt have to buy american ones.... am now nearly 20 an still treasure that ps2 a even got a ps3 but still use that ps2 for my american games coz american ps2 games dont work on ma ps3 :( lol it is good having one tho coz there are alot of rpg's that get released in american an not the UK.
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

coz there are alot of rpg's that get released in american an not the UK.
I feel bad you had to go through all that but I'm sure your glad you did because now you can play any American game lol. Glad to hear you have good friends and family helping you out. :wink:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Quing

Post by Quing »

Well, I'm glad the products of evil have worked for someone. They didn't work for me, and I tried the dealie with the slidey card and the one with the spring, and that's not to mention the ones with summer, fall, and winter. Blah. I blew approx. $70 on faulty products. Good luck.
Iku

Post by Iku »

i love that ps2!! it was worth it, and now i can get the suikodens and other games early!
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
Wade Aznable

Post by Wade Aznable »

I'm from Italy and own a PAL playstation 2
I had the same problem: how to play USA / JAP games on my PS2? How to play my old USA / JAP PS1 games on my PS2?
There is a chip that needs to be installed hardware on your PS2 allowing it to read USA or JAP games (and burned games as well, but that's piracy and we don't do that); for the chip and the installation I paid something like € 50 (more or less GBP 35, more or less USD 95). The name of the chip is MODBO (or MOBDO? well, one of the two), I guess you can find it on the net without any problem... installation of course is another whole matter (I had mine installed by the guy who sold me the chip, because I have absolutely no electric skills :mrgreen: )
I guess that anyway you'll need a multi-standard TV, since the game is still NTSC, but, hell, every TV produced in the last 10 years is, so that's not a problem.
I hope this post can help (of course do NOT do that if your PS2 is still in warranty time, otherwise the warranty will not be valid anymore)
May you live interesting times...