PSX Emulator questions and topics

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sniper_Zegai

Re: PSX Emulator questions and topics

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Sorry for the double post.

Im seriously confused. I just tried S1 on the emulator and all I had to do was change the sound plugin to ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 which I think comes with the emulator. If everyone here only had sound problems with S1 on the emulator then I think thats the solution.

If its video problems then I cant really help, it must be becuase of PC differences. Im gonna edit the main post but if anyone else has any problems be sure to post them anyway becuase someone maybe able to help. Thanks.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

with Andy's sound plugin and the Pete's OpenGL2 video plugin, my game was consistently crashing just after beating the Bone Dragon in Greenhill. i don't think there are any special sounds or anything after beating it (there is a noise when it is summoned that the sound plugin creates a bad/annoying sound for..)..
i changed to Pete's OpenGL (not 2) video and no sound and got through the point...
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

That glitch completly slipped my mind. I had no video problems with the bone dragon but there was a horrible screeching sound. Im gonna edit the main post to halt anymore confusion.

Also I had some sound glitches when fighting Neclord both times. A simular sound thing happened the second time. I could have swore I found a way to fix that. I'll get back to you if I can find the config.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah, i got those noises when fighting Neclord too...

since nobody else crashed just after Bone Dragon, it was probably my video card plugin that was problematic.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

any suggestions for Suikoden 1 emulation? Andy's SPU Audio Driver 0.16 with Enable Sound and Enable XA sound doesn't play most of the bg music! Gregminster's song just has the beginning two notes then silence..

update: so the ePSXe core sound plugin seems to work fine for S1
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

For suikoden 1 I just used the same S2 settings for video but I used the core sound plugin, it should be called ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2

I had no problem whatsoever and Ive played it up until the part where you ahve to get Liukan, so I assume it should be fine through all the game.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

if unable to read my PM, may i ask where u can download the Suikoden 1 and 2 file? because im having trouble finding it.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Sorry for the wait Laharle, I've been offline for awhile.

Anyway. I repsonded to your messages, so I hope you can enjoy Suikoden 1 and 2 for yourself sometime soon, seeya later.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

i have a problem, i cant seem to use the teleport in suikoden 1 :( any1 else having this trouble?
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I never had a problem with teleport or the blinking mirror in Suikoden 1, however do remember sometimes you cant teleport at certain points in the game becuase of the storyline.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

hmm this how it happened

she gave me a list of towns to teleport but,
i cant press up ,left,right or down :( so basically i can only go to Seika
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I cant think of the problem? If you can move in all directions with normal gameplay I dont know why it would'nt work on the menu.

Sorry, I'll try and think of something.
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I have PSX but it spoiled. . doe that count legal?
any, i manage to follow ur method so i RUN BIOS
It got the SONY display like that. .
but the problem is where do i get the game (I have Suikoden 2 CD)
and how i control?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
eternal_sins

Post by eternal_sins »

I think this is the topic.

How do I put my PSX game in PSP?
Can someone explain this step by step with detail.
And where to get suikoden 1 and 2 and FF VII from the internet?
Memori cinta berbunga
Pun menghinggap di ingatan
Seperti sang merpati di dahan
Puas sudah ku berusha
Ku melupakan segalanya
Namun senyum mu masih... ada...

-Merpati

Sang By: Hady Mirza
Winner Of Singapore Idol 2
www.hady-mirza.com
mhatter106

Post by mhatter106 »

You can do with with PSP remote play. To play ps1 games on your psp, u need a ps3, and latets firmware for both ps3 and psp. you stick the disc in the ps3 and choose remote play on your psp and u can play it.

essentially the ps3 does all the processing, running the game, and just broadcasts the end result audio and video to the psp, whic sends controller input back to the ps3.

if youre trying to just play strictly on the psp from some sort of disc rom, i dunno. with emulation, I don't know. sorry.