Suikoden Movies

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
anokosa

Suikoden Movies

Post by anokosa »

who would like a suikoden movie to come out? i was goin to record it on my camcorder, but it messed the cam up. if this is a not-allowed topic thingy please lock it.
Ranarldo

Post by Ranarldo »

you should add to your post about giving reasons on why you would like a suikoden movie.

I would love to watch a suikoden movie. My reasons are, being able to watch how the suikoden characters interact toward each other on a full scale model. Second, i would love to learn more information on certain characters. and thirdly, i would just enjoy it.
"I find my peace in the eye of the storm"
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think Suikoden 2 would make a great movie. With all the different interlinks of fate, the several sidequests and the pure emotion would make a great basis for a plot, if they make an English version, I'd love to audition lol.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Anyone with 2 shreds of common sense would know better than to even think about a suikoden movie based on the games or with any connection at all to Konami.

Movies based on games are notoriously bad, and out of all of them made...there might be 1 that was HALF DECENT.

Game based movies just suck in general
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Well Advent Children is good, but presuming if Konami did create a movie based on Suikoden, as long as they didn't make it boring like Final Fantasy: the spirits within, then it should be good.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Komataguri wrote:Anyone with 2 shreds of common sense would know better than to even think about a suikoden movie based on the games or with any connection at all to Konami.

Movies based on games are notoriously bad, and out of all of them made...there might be 1 that was HALF DECENT.

Game based movies just suck in general
I couldn't agree with you more. Does anyone recall the blunders that are known as Final Fantasy: Spirits Within and Final Fantasy Unlimited?
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

That would be a great idea but turning a RPG into a movie will be hard since RPG's are so long, you would really need to cut down on extra things like side quests, etc. Who wouldn't want to see a movie of suikoden but when you think profit-wise, then no its not a good idea, just money wasted by konami for a few fans out their. :?
warmaster670

Post by warmaster670 »

i think it would make a great anime movie, but i draw the line at cgi/real actors
ChikuChiyu

Post by ChikuChiyu »

Both real and animated it would kick ass, this is a great idea. id audition till i die!
Who being loved is poor?..
Truely if there is evil in this world, it is in the hearts of Mankind.
Let those who find pleasure in loving be loved, and those who find pleasuer in killing, be killed.
Komataguri

Post by Komataguri »

Ushiku wrote:Well Advent Children is good, but presuming if Konami did create a movie based on Suikoden, as long as they didn't make it boring like Final Fantasy: the spirits within, then it should be good.
Advent Children wasn't a movie based on a game.

Advent Children was a movie based in the world of Final Fantasy 7, Telling the story in game from several years after the game ended.

Spirits Within wasn't a game based movie, either. The only real connection it had to teh games was its name, and a few special things [ Like Cid ]

But movies BASED on games are the ones that are shoot. Super Mario, Tomb Raider, House of the Dead, ect. All of them are total shoot.

Suikoden could never be a movie anyways, it is far to long, It would have to be a series.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

I think it would get people interested in Suikoden. And I also think a series would be easier to do in anime.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anokosa wrote:I think it would get people interested in Suikoden. And I also think a series would be easier to do in anime.
Anything remotely a movie or series had to be done in Anime. I love the Suikogaiden/Suikoden 3 intros. They should really make an anime.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

I wouldn't say series really, like. I meant to do about half an hour in the game, and do it in anime. (anime is animation isnt it?)
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

If they made a Suikoden Anime I'd definiately get my hands on a copy, I love anime and I love Suikoden.
Pesmerga VS. Yuber

Post by Pesmerga VS. Yuber »

Maybe it sould be about Anakosa, the great hero of SuikoVII.
Power?
Am I looking for Power?
Ever since...The first day I saw you...
I somehow knew...That we would be friends.
I was never lonely...Because you were there.
We chose...Life and death together.
I believed in you...Always...