Suikoden Movies

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Raftrider

Post by Raftrider »

Actually, I would prefer to see another Suikoden manga, rather than a movie or an anime series. What say you?
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

well if they make a movie of Genso Suikoden, it wouldn't be that great. I mean everyone likes different characters in the games and all, and if they create the movie, they would hope that their fav. char. is in it. and think about those people who doesn't play Suikoden, how will they remember all 108 characters??
Nick Bruiser
HairyMonekyNuts

Post by HairyMonekyNuts »

ive seen some of the live action Shui Hu Zhuan movies/shows... didnt really like them... as for suikoden... i wouldnt mind seeing a show about futch... but a manga would be better than a movie or show...
moneky is suppose to be monkey... i was just to lazy to make a new account.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

This is irrelevant, but on Saturday, i saw a program on called Water Margin. I put it on. People, anyone wanting to watch water margin it's on on saturday, ITV4. cant remember what time though.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I thought of a cool idea for a Suikoden anime series.

Suikoden Chronicles, it shows certain wars and events, certain characters pasts and the history of the Suikoden world.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
deedlitmurata

Post by deedlitmurata »

I'm not so sure about a Suikoden MOVIE... I mean, in a movie there's not enough time for all the things you would have to cover if it's going to be about suikoden.. so many characters and stories, in one movie... can't do X_X

Althogh I agree with the idea of a Suikoden anime.. I mean, at least we have the mangas already, so anime wouldn't be bad, it could even be great, specially if it's long, I agree that it could make it grow more popular.
Man is powerful enough to change destiny. No matter how futile our struggles seem, they all make a difference!
Suikomaster

Post by Suikomaster »

I haven't played the Gaidens but from what i've heard they may be perfect to turn into movies since they seem to be primarily text stories
Lurker1

Post by Lurker1 »

Komataguri wrote:
Movies based on games are notoriously bad, and out of all of them made...there might be 1 that was HALF DECENT.

Game based movies just suck in general
The only reason they sucked is because the directors that did them sucked, but if they could get someone like Peter Jackson to do it.

Anyway I don't see this becoming a movie any where in the near furture an anima maybe but not a movie. The game isn't popular enough.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

well, an anime series for all games would increase popularity. That's the point of them.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

anokosa wrote:well, an anime series for all games would increase popularity. That's the point of them.
I'd love a Suikoden anime series, that would be really cool.

If they made it similar to Poke'mon Chronicles in that they concentrated on individual stories that branch from the main story, it would be wonderful for character and plot development.

Also an emphasis on events mentioned but not seen would be wonderful too. I'd love to see a Suikoden anime based in the Howling Voice Guild, all the love and betrayal faced by Kelly, Clive and Elza would make a great anime plot.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

No. I'd prefer it if they just started from the beginning, and added all sub-quest in time with the Timeline.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

What they should do is base it on the third game. About the fire bringer war that would be good with all the love and betrayel and bring in some really good actors and have like a great director like Michael Mann direct it. That guy directed Collateral and Heat and some other great movies as well.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

SinaiBeach wrote:What they should do is base it on the third game. About the fire bringer war that would be good with all the love and betrayel and bring in some really good actors and have like a great director like Michael Mann direct it. That guy directed Collateral and Heat and some other great movies as well.
What love? What betrayel? Making a live action Movie based on the third game would be even more utter garbage than the FF Spirits movie.

I agree on the anime series though. Now Suikoden II... that would be an awesome anime series. I could easily see how they could fit all 108 SoD's in the anime to go smoothly with the plot. Talk of love and betraying... that is the Suikoden for the job, not III.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

Yeah, Suikoden 2 would make a great anime. Perhaps they could even show what events happened in between Suikoden games which are mentioned but not seen.
Rody

Post by Rody »

I agree with the anime as well. And Suikoden 2 has always been my favorite, it just had more feeling than the rest, I guess. Plus, Luc was the coolest on that game; he got all whiny and self-deprecating on the third one. But I would love to see a Suikoden series starting from the first game up to the most current one, and they would'nt have a problem like they do with shows like Naruto or Fruits Basket, because if they did it RIGHT they would never catch up to the latest game. ^^; Plus I loathe live action movies based on something I always saw as anime-inspired. I mean look at the art. No way. I could never see Suikoden in live action!
How did I end up as Pang Tong?!

Don't drink and park - accidents cause people.