Suikoden Movies

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

but, the names may be pronounced haw the director sees fit.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

anokosa wrote:but, the names may be pronounced haw the director sees fit.
Yeah, that's true. Didn't think of that.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Unless the director himself is a suikoden fan and pronounces the names how they are supposed to be pronounced.
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
sdballer

Post by sdballer »

Why is is that Suikoden seems to have less of these types of promotional tie ins? I know its a less popular series but it seems like an ideal game for other media spin-offs.
<a href="http://www.konamistars.com/konamistars/ ... ">sdballer would like to invite you to become a member of Konami RPG Stars!</a>
Koden

Post by Koden »

I think an anime, maybe, because since they have a manga already...and not only that but most people won't but long series of manga, because of money comstraints. But if it were an anime, you could easily tie in all 108 Stars of Destiny, and, like there's Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi in Tokyo and a million other ones and a gazillion different Gundams series, you could do that for the individual games. It could be a huge success, but it might also totally flop with non-Suikoden fans.
Feldoon

Post by Feldoon »

Suikodgaidens, easily.

Especially for the non-Japanese.
Morridor

Post by Morridor »

Koden wrote:I think an anime, maybe, because since they have a manga already...and not only that but most people won't but long series of manga, because of money comstraints. But if it were an anime, you could easily tie in all 108 Stars of Destiny, and, like there's Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi in Tokyo and a million other ones and a gazillion different Gundams series, you could do that for the individual games. It could be a huge success, but it might also totally flop with non-Suikoden fans.
If they did this, there would be like 600 episodes or more! It would be like Dragon Ball Z. It would just feel like it never ends. Although, everyone loved DBZ in Japan and the U.S. so it might work.

Danny
Konami RPG Stars / Suikoden Website!
Click this Link for the Official Suikoden Website for free Suiko Art Books + OSVs, DS Lites, and $250 Gamestop gift cards
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Unless the director himself is a suikoden fan and pronounces the names how they are supposed to be pronounced.
whats the chances of that happening thpough?
Haitani

Post by Haitani »

well...
... i wouldn´t like to see suikoden on theaters... maybe if it was some kind of novel, it would be way better.
None yet
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

I have to agree that a film would be nothing less than a disaster. They would compress it so badly that there would not even be much of a story, and they would have to cut out 99% of the characters. Then everyone would bitch that his/her favorite character wasn’t featured and the other portion would be displeased about the way something else was handled. As several others have already pointed out, video games that are made into movies never quite work in the translation. Although if they were going to try, I think I’d rather see the original Suikoden attempted first, as it was my intro to the series, and my personal favorite.

Wait—on second thought, no, I wouldn’t want someone to screw it up.

And Pollensalta—I couldn’t agree more about the preposterous Arwen fluff in LOTR. :x I always thought Eowyn was way cooler. Ironically enough, most people I’ve talked to who haven’t read the book think Arwen is cooler. Go figure.

Anyway, how about a Suikoden stage play instead? Anyone? Just think of it! Suikoden: The Musical!

:lol:
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

or, as stated earlier, just make it an anime, then it can go on 4 ages.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

well, the topic seems to have become useless and postless now. im going to request my topic is locked, unless someone wishes to post anything else regarding the subject?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Thanks for your input anakosa but you're not a moderator, please leave the decisions about what should be locked to us and not "bump" old threads because they haven't gotten attention in a while.
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

i know, it was merely a request. i think the subject is useless, so i requested its closure. sorry if what I have done is wrong.
Sagiri

Re: Suikoden Movies

Post by Sagiri »

If they made a Suikoden movie I would love the heroes to actually talk.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.