Suikoden Movies

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Nikisaur

Re: Suikoden Movies

Post by Nikisaur »

Zoe for Suikoden 2 Lucia, Tyra for Suikoden 3 then. Lol.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

Hahaha. =) Personally, gamewise, I found S3's Lucia to be much more attractive.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

She had an ugly face in 3. Put me right off.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Tonel

Post by Tonel »

Wasn't there a suiko movie that was total crap? I thought they made one with a more modern appeal, I was completely upset with it.
We have an embarrassment of riches. Is there any way to make sense of it all?
dragons_descent4

Post by dragons_descent4 »

I think that any of the games would be too long for a film,it would have to be in a series,but even then it would still be incredibly long. Personally,I think it would make a better anime than anything.
"Now we can fight to our hearts' content."
"Too bad I have to fight with you."
- Viktor and Flik

Into dark humor? Check out my upcoming webseries!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Morb ... 1697490455
FoggyNotion

Post by FoggyNotion »

I started thinking about the possibility of this when I saw the "Suikoden Radio Drama" video adaptation on Youtube. I'll put a link in case anyone hasn't seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZF-1MzVkw

Anyway, I thought the whole thing was interesting; the animation was good, the voice acting was good, but they did obviously have to condense and cut out a lot of the story. Now with a movie you have a higher budget and more time to work with than in the radio show, but inevitably you would still have to cut out a lot to be able to condense the story even to a three-hour movie.

With Suikoden 1, I could see them pulling it off, though it wouldn't be easy, and with Suikoden 2 I think it would be next to impossible to tell anything close to a complete story in one film. Suikoden 2 could work as a trilogy, the first film showing the events up to Jowy assassinating Anabelle, the second showing Riou & Jowy's separate rises to power up to the death of Luca Blight, then the third starting with the fallout at the Peace Conference up to the end of the war.
bonbon

Post by bonbon »

If its a movie it surely won't go over the 108 stars of destiny...

An anime with hundreds of episodes would be great
Piisuke

Re:

Post by Piisuke »

Komataguri wrote:Anyone with 2 shreds of common sense would know better than to even think about a suikoden movie based on the games or with any connection at all to Konami.

Movies based on games are notoriously bad, and out of all of them made...there might be 1 that was HALF DECENT.

Game based movies just suck in general
Depends, some films are decent actually. Advent Children didn't do too bad. Silent Hill was a great film adaptation. Just don't let Uwe Boll touch it. Tomb Raider, Mortal Kombat (1995 one) and the Resident Evil films didn't do too bad either, Prince of Persia? Before we start: "oh, the critics panned it." Yes, they did. The fans liked it, however. Check the user ratings on RottenTomatoes. How about that upcoming Mortal Kombat film? You know, the one of which a teaser exists on Youtube?

So, it can work. Too bad that there's Uwe Boll and also films like Legend of Chun-Li, Dragonball Z, Double Dragon, Street Fighter and some other wacky ones.