In your opinion what is the most powerful rune

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: In your opinion what is the most powerful rune

Post by sticky-runes »

wataru14 wrote:Leknaat would have been very concerned about one of Tir's friends dying since that would mean the death of one of the 108 Stars. That's kinda her deal.
Executing Kwanda or Millich means the death of one of the 108 stars and Leknaat doesn't do FA when you make those decisions. So does Pahn being executed as a traitor and Mathiu dying from his injuries. Does any great cataclysm occur after those events? The hero can still succeed in his mission without gathering all 108 stars. When Leknaat tells you to recruit fellow soldiers in arms, I'm sure she's well aware that any one of them could be killed at any moment.

I'm just saying that the consequences of using the Soul Eater in the final battle would surely have been greater than one more person dropping dead.
There is never, and I mean never in three games the rune appears in, a mention that it possesses destructive powers of nuclear proportions. If you can show me one line of dialogue, I agree, but all the Soul Eater does is eat souls.
Leknaat (when you sleep after losing the battle with Teo): The Gate Rune is terribly powerful, but she wants something greater. That is why she is after you. If my sister obtains two true Runes and uses them for revenge, it will be catastrophic for this world.

^ Suck on that.