Queens of Suikoden

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Re: Queens of Suikoden

Post by Wolkendrache »

It’s hard to predict Jillia’s qualities as a leader. She’s the same age as Nanami, Meg, Bolgan, Nina and Koyu, so you can’t expect a fully developed political consciousness yet, even though she seemed more grown-up than these others. If she was 21 at the time, the same age as Odessa in S1 (and even Odessa was young for a leader), then I would dare make a judgment.

And even if she was a decent leader, if there’s a true rune nearby, it can screw up everything anytime.
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
AlOnZo

Post by AlOnZo »

True. But then again she would fall into the same category as Lym: young, true rune nearby... I suppose if she had the right people around then she'd maybe have a chance. She seems the more normal out of the Blight clan from what we see. She obviously had an aura about her if she managed to lower Watari's guard, as rumoured.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Lymsleia had a totally different upbringing. She was daughter of a queen of a country that only takes female rulers. She was having lessons on being queen drilled into her every day. Jillia was from a country that is dominated by men. I don't think it was ever expected of her to become a good queen, she was probably just expected to be a good servant to the crown.

I think the only time we really got to see Jillia standing up for herself was when she dismissed Rowd while she was hiding Riou and Jowy in her tent.