Characters that deserve more memorable scenes

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Wolkendrache
Forum Moderator

Characters that deserve more memorable scenes

Post by Wolkendrache »

Humphrey
He’s a story character in S1, and a famous swordsman in Toran/SME. Since he hardly talks the only way to give him momentum is to let him do something epic (that the player can actually watch). I’ve got an idea: When Mathiu was stabbed by Sanchez, switch Flik and Humphrey. That was a giant betrayal, so Sanchez deserves a giant blade pointed towards him. Flik got enough attention, it wouldn’t hurt him to give this scene to Humphrey. But no, they let Humphrey simply stand there, caring neither for Mathiu nor for Sanchez.

Cleo
The only special thing I remember is when she got a fire crystal from Leknaat. Pahn got 3 memorable scenes: when he betrays us, when he rejoins, and when he battles Teo. Ted and Gremio got their story scenes too, of course. Unfortunately, Cleo got almost nothing.

Lepant
He would become president in Tir’s stead, but why? Yes, he’s the second star on the stone tablet after Tir, but it wasn’t Leknaat who selected him as president. He was elected (by whoever) because he was generally respected, so I demand some scenes to display that.

What’s your opinion: Which characters deserve more spotlight and why? And do you have ideas for its implementation?
"Within the four seas, all men are brothers" Shuihu Zhuan
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Characters that deserve more memorable scenes

Post by Sasarai10 »

Many from S4 especially. They were totally undeveloped.

Ornan for example should have a sidequest, like Clive. He should have a sidequest, so we can find out who that woman is. Bartholomew as well should be a main character, since he is a wanted man, and Yu should be involved in the story plot somehow since he is a doctor.

And Warlock of course.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Cleo: She got her "women can fight, too" talk with Hix which was really cool. As far as Suikoden chars go, she's one of the more developed.

Yeah, many IV characters are in dire need of more scenes. Ornan is just a rehash of older characters, boo! But I would love the sidequest idea.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:@Cleo: She got her "women can fight, too" talk with Hix which was really cool. As far as Suikoden chars go, she's one of the more developed.

Yeah, many IV characters are in dire need of more scenes. Ornan is just a rehash of older characters, boo! But I would love the sidequest idea.

There's a huge possibility Ornan might be Nalleo's actual father. Although it was never revealed.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah but then he is as stupid as he looks, because Nalleo's mother is JUST IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE. He even says that she looks similar to the woman he's been looking for. Louise also says that Nalleo's father died a long time ago.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I thought it would be cool if in a remake of S1, we got to see Cleo capturing Kanaan when he tries to escape after the final battle. She's about to kill him for what he did during Ted's capture and everything going horribly wrong for them in Gregminster, but then she spares him as there has been enough bloodshed, and at least somebody should be taken to trial to account for their crimes.

Totally agree about Bartholemew needing more screentime. When we join up with Nay, there should have been a whole incident where we team up with Bartholomew as he sabotages a Kooluk vessel. Maybe this could have involved attacking the kooluk base that has been set up on the ruins of Illuya. this would have been a heck of a lot better than just talking to the chief and coming back later to recruit a pair of cake shop owners.

I actually had a theory that Nalleo's father might be Edgar. He died quite long ago before S4, so maybe he had a fling with Louisa, and she kept quiet about it so that Kika didn't find out!

Ornan has a Waking rune permanently attached to his body, so he's probably "slept" with lots of women and that's why he can't remember them properly!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:Yeah but then he is as stupid as he looks, because Nalleo's mother is JUST IN FRONT OF HIS NOSE. He even says that she looks similar to the woman he's been looking for. Louise also says that Nalleo's father died a long time ago.

Doesn't she say this about Nalleo's mother (herself) because she feels beign a terrible mother?

As for Ornan I don't think he's as stupid as he looks. But still he lacks backstory. There must be a reason why he looks for that woman especially.
sticky-runes wrote:
Totally agree about Bartholemew needing more screentime. When we join up with Nay, there should have been a whole incident where we team up with Bartholomew as he sabotages a Kooluk vessel. Maybe this could have involved attacking the kooluk base that has been set up on the ruins of Illuya. this would have been a heck of a lot better than just talking to the chief and coming back later to recruit a pair of cake shop owners.

I actually had a theory that Nalleo's father might be Edgar. He died quite long ago before S4, so maybe he had a fling with Louisa, and she kept quiet about it so that Kika didn't find out!

Ornan has a Waking rune permanently attached to his body, so he's probably "slept" with lots of women and that's why he can't remember them properly!
-Indeed!
-I don't think Edgar was that kind of guy. And how Louise ended up in the Nest Of Pirates by then?
-Actually Ornan wasn't the playboy type like Sheena or Kyle. He was after just one woman. Now why he has a Waking Rune permanently it's a mystery to me. Like why Eugene has a Firefly Rune as well.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

The best character stuck with Waking Rune is Juan
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

gildedtalon wrote:The best character stuck with Waking Rune is Juan
OK for Juan. It resembles his personality. But Ornan? How?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@Sasarai: Read the comment box section: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/guides/comment.php

Eugene has the Firefly Rune because his mother wants him to be strong and so he battles a lot. I think this was explained in a Tactics dialogue... not so sure.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:@Sasarai: Read the comment box section: http://www.suikosource.com/games/gs4/guides/comment.php

Eugene has the Firefly Rune because his mother wants him to be strong and so he battles a lot. I think this was explained in a Tactics dialogue... not so sure.
Yeah I noticed. So in that case Ornan might be just someone who slept with Louise and he's now looking for her for his own reasons?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote: -I don't think Edgar was that kind of guy. And how Louise ended up in the Nest Of Pirates by then?
Well Nalleo has been adopted by Dario so Louise obviously made contact with Dario at some point to hand him over. It could be that Dario knew about the secret affair, and kept it secret from the other pirates, saying that the boy was his son from some random woman he got off with. And Nalleo's ending says that he "became a great pirate like his father, or so the legend says" or something like that, which could suggest that Nalleo takes after Edgar rather than his adoptive father Dario. We know in Tactics that Nalleo is quickly becoming a better fighter than Dario and I think even Sigurd and Hervey remark on how strong he's becoming.

I'm not being entirely serious that Edgar shagged Louise, I'm just throwing it out there!
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
"became a great pirate like his father, or so the legend says"
Maybe they mean Dario? It was never mentioned in main plot that Dario wasn't Nalleo's actual father. You learn about it, via comment box.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

What sticky-runes means is that it's left to the player if they mean Dario or his REAL father. It's an interesting theory!

Back to the topic - Mike. This is so random. So he's a normal looking guy who holds a deep secret, and you never get any hints on what it is. Really!? At least throw us a bone, Konami!
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Edge deserves a lot more story on how the Star Dragon Sword came to his possession
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account