Characters that deserve more memorable scenes

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Characters that deserve more memorable scenes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wolkendrache wrote:
Cleo
The only special thing I remember is when she got a fire crystal from Leknaat. Pahn got 3 memorable scenes: when he betrays us, when he rejoins, and when he battles Teo. Ted and Gremio got their story scenes too, of course. Unfortunately, Cleo got almost nothing.
Don't forget she also had the scene with Sonya in the dungeon where she tells Sonya she could have been Tir's mother and hates the thought of her wanting him dead. Cleo is the closest thing (besides Gremio) that Tir has to a mother, so it's understandable she'd have a moment like this with the woman who could have married Teo if things were different. It would have been better if the dialogue came with a touching soundtrack instead of the awful HQ theme blaring away.

A prequel game showing Cleo and Pahn during the War of Succession would be very nice indeed.

Valeria should definitely have been given more scenes in S1. She has a huge part during the Burning Mirror arc and helping us take down Kwanda Rosman, but that's it, we don't get a peep out of Valeria for the rest of the game. Kasumi has her missions and her swooning over Tir throughout the game and she gets more fanservice in S2, but Valeria's development is very much left to the imagination. Even Tengaar and Tai Ho and Kuromimi got some utterly pointless dialogue during some of the major battles - why not have Valeria giving some badass quotes? why not have her talking with the other former imperials during the night before the final battle, discussing how they're all feeling about betraying the empire they all once swore to protect? why not have her working with Humphrey and Lepant during the whole border decoy fiasco when we took Lorimar? Nah, let's not show a professional female soldier being a badass, lets show some whiny little ninja bitch being a dripping wet lovesick cunt for the hero.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Antimatzist wrote:What sticky-runes means is that it's left to the player if they mean Dario or his REAL father. It's an interesting theory!

Back to the topic - Mike. This is so random. So he's a normal looking guy who holds a deep secret, and you never get any hints on what it is. Really!? At least throw us a bone, Konami!
I've heard rumors that Mike might be Dolph reincarnated. I don't know if they're true or not.
gildedtalon wrote:Edge deserves a lot more story on how the Star Dragon Sword came to his possession
Indeed. There was also a strange rumor that Edge was actually Viktor's son (and Anabelle being his mother) but I hardly believe it personally.
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

sticky-runes wrote:
Sasarai10 wrote: -I don't think Edgar was that kind of guy. And how Louise ended up in the Nest Of Pirates by then?
Well Nalleo has been adopted by Dario so Louise obviously made contact with Dario at some point to hand him over. It could be that Dario knew about the secret affair, and kept it secret from the other pirates, saying that the boy was his son from some random woman he got off with. And Nalleo's ending says that he "became a great pirate like his father, or so the legend says" or something like that, which could suggest that Nalleo takes after Edgar rather than his adoptive father Dario. We know in Tactics that Nalleo is quickly becoming a better fighter than Dario and I think even Sigurd and Hervey remark on how strong he's becoming.

I'm not being entirely serious that Edgar shagged Louise, I'm just throwing it out there!
well, if dario knew that edgar was nalleo's father, i think he would tell nalleo not to speak with kika so often.
kika would also sooner or later recognize the ressemblance

I had a theory that Louise could be lying when she wrote that Nalleo's father is dead since she also wrote to ask people to lie to Nalleo that his mother is dead. from Ornan and Desmond's comment box we know that louise ressembles the woman he was looking for and he stares at her often.
regarding Nalleo's strength, Ornan is a big guy, that's where the strength come from
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

So you assume Ornan is Nalleo's dad?
ragnarok

Post by ragnarok »

Yes. They also share the same hair color. Louise is a blonde, therefore nalleo's father must have a black hair