Gauging interest in Suikoden Total War

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Kessler

Gauging interest in Suikoden Total War

Post by Kessler »

Hi everyone, so I've had an idea for a Suikoden project for a little while now. Essentially, it would be to mod Medieval 2 Total War to make Suikoden Total War. I thought Medieval 2 since it has the most applicable units, etc. already in place. The main thing though would be to mod the map to be the Sukoden World Map and then have all the states/entities as factions (Harmonia, Dunan, Tinto, Toran, Free Knights of Camaro, Grasslands, Zexen, Nagarea, New Armes, Falena, Islands Federation, maybe some sort of neo Kooluk thing, Nameless lands, Kanakan, Black Dragon Island, Zelant,Gaien). There's a program called the Geo Mod to do this but I haven't been very successful in getting it to work. Anyway, does anyone think this sounds like it would be a fun project? Even just making the map and using the existing factions as they are would be cool. Although to have individualized units like kobolds and other parts of Suikoden lore would be cool too.
Neclord X

Re: Gauging interest in Suikoden Total War

Post by Neclord X »

Would be something certainly nice indeed. Some years ago I guess it would have been a Project with future, but right now even the Suikoden community still survive doesn't seem to have the number of people and resources to develop such an interesting yet ambitious Project.
Kessler

Suikoden Total War

Post by Kessler »

Hi everyone, I don't know if anyone remembers but a while ago I asked to see if anyone wanted to help with a Suikoden Total War campaign mod. So I have made the campaign map and I have all the cities/forts for the northern continent. It still needs some more forests/mountains but its basically done. If anyone wants to check it out the screenshots are here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... st15068827

Once I'm done with the map I'm going to be planning out the units for all the factions and doing some other stuff like start gathering some banners or making a background for the start screen. Anyway, if anyone out there is a fan of Suikoden and Total War, it'd be nice to have someone to bounce some ideas off of. Or maybe just pitch your ideas in this thread?

Oh also does anyone have a Grasslands banner/flag? I wasn't able to find one online.

[EDIT @Kessler: No need to create a new topic for this post. /Wolkendrache]