Man Tears :'(

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: Man Tears :'(

Post by wataru14 »

Although many people seem to find it compelling, I couldn't get anything emotional out of Miakis' scene. I mean, I felt bad that she was sad because I like her as a character, but I was too busy resisting the urge to throw my controller at the screen and scream, "What the f*** is wrong with you! You want to fight me? What????."

As for Gizel, I don't know how sorry I could feel for a guy who's body (and his father's body) I would have thrown to the dogs if I were in charge.

Marinna's scene did really get to me, though.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Can't really feel sorry for Gizel seeing how he gets off on all his little schemes. It's because of him that Marina went through all that pain, trying to stop Belcoot from fighting and causing him to nearly be killed in the contest. She was completely innocent and had done nothing against the Godwins, and because of Gizel, she nearly killed a man she had feelings for. that's some cold sh!t.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I am really touched by the Chapter 4 or 5 scene with Geddoe punching the villager in Le Buque, because the scene portrays a very realistic, grey struggle of what it means to be loyal and dedicated to helping each other out. I know Suikoden V's ending was supposed to imply that all those dead ppl were also working to better Falena, but most of those characters were cold, heartless bastards so it was hard to relate to compared to Suikoden III's.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I never do the happy ending to Suikoden 5. Let Lyon die and have the prince traveling with Goerg. After all that sh!t Alenia pulled, I don't want to see her prancing around like a twat.
Heptade

Post by Heptade »

About Gizel, as I mentioned in another topic, I don't think he was all that bad. His whole intentions are ambiguous, but the way I see it, he was trying to do basically the same thing as Sialeeds. Nevertheless, I don't exactly feel sorry for him, but his death was still a very emotional moment for me.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I always get emotional confronting Galleon especially when he's about to leave the hq right before asking him to join. As good as the scene when he told Miakis, Kyle and prince the "truth", is bittersweet that you had to fight him beforehand.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I always wish Galleon would die, killed by Gizel's men.
I always give the harshest response possible when talking to Galleon.
I don't particularly like when that traitor joins our army.

I really hate Zegai as well
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Can somebody kill gildedtalon please? thanks.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

let's be nice now
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

He's gone quiet now, so I assume somebody honored my request.

Back on topic, I found the dialogue between Georg and Miakis very moving when they reconcile with each other, and he tells her what a strong woman she's become and that he's proud to be her friend. I couldn't imagine Georg talking to somebody like that when i met him in suikoden 2.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

OK I did kind of feel for Gizel when he was expressing his concern for Sialeeds after the fall of Stormfist, and she just brushes it off saying he only cares about her because of the Twilight rune. But she ends up being the last thing on his mind when he dies. Not enough to move me to tears, but it is sad that the pair of them are so f#cked up by their political situations that there is no chance for them to ever be happy.
Rockland

Post by Rockland »

Wolkendrache wrote:Actually Suikoden 1 gives me the hardest time in holding back my tears…
It starts after the final battle, when Barbarossa reveals his love for Windy, or for her resemblance to Claudia. I wish I could see Windy’s facial expression when Barbarossa explains that he wasn’t deluded by her magic but rather by love. As someone interested in true runes she should have known that beforehand. Anyway, Barbarossa realizes that his mistakes led to the destruction of the empire, so he’s doing us a last favor by killing himself and Windy. Poor Barbarossa, he’s actually a good guy, but he lost himself after losing his wife.
Then the scene with Viktor and Flik sacrificing their lives for me. Even though I like Viktor more, I found Flik’s scene stronger. I don’t know, maybe because he brought up Odessa, or because I didn’t expect so much loyalty from Flik.
When the hero reaches the exit of the castle, that’s when I still have wet eyes, but could resist shedding a tear. Then comes the final scene when Mathiu dies questioning his life’s deeds while Liukan pays his respects to him. The game is over and my resistance starts failing.
These,
and when Shu called called Kiba into his room before the infiltrating RockAxe castle events.

Kiba : " You wanted to see me, Lord Shu? "

Shu : " General Kiba .... I have a great favor to ask of you. " " ..... I'm listening. " " The next battle will most likely determine the outcome of the war. " " If we hope to win, we're going to have to take a gamble. "

Kiba : " It will be a hard battle... "

Shu : " Highland and the (Unicorn) Army continue to glare at each other across the divide of the great lake. And although the Matilda Knightdom has surrendered, the area is still unstable and the Highland Army can't pull their forces away. "

Kiba : " You're saying that even if we take the gamble, we can't defeat Matilda... So then, what do you... "

Shu : " I want you to take a regiment to attack Victor's old fort east of Muse. Even if Highland realizes it's a decoy, they'll have to divide their army to defend the Highland Kingdom from you. They'll probably call upon Leon Silverburg to do it... "
Kiba : " ........... "
Kiba : "Lord Shu, since my defeat, I feel I've lost my place in this world. But when I see Lord Riou... See him charm these people and transcend this war... It may be inappropriate for a general, but it makes me believe in miracles. "
Kiba : " Lord Shu, I don't need your men. The soldiers who followed me from Highland would be enough. "

Shu : " Thank you... General Kiba. "

Kiba : " Lord Shu, it is not like you to bow to the likes of me. Please take care of my son. Under your tutelage, he will become a brilliant strategist. "

This conversation touched me because these are two experienced men understanding their tasks at hand and what needs to be done. None of them spoke about the impossibility of the mission, but they did it anyway. Kiba's shows what heroes are - sacrifice for the greater good.