Chris sprite help

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
gulaman

Re: Chris sprite help

Post by gulaman »

Did a simple head change for Percival since he practically has the same costume as Borus
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

gulaman wrote:Image
Did a simple head change for Percival since he practically has the same costume as Borus
Good Job gulaman, but I want to give you a test. Animate one of them. Full 12 sprite animation movement. I think if you can do that you could definitely help with suiko 4 project. Even if you think you're not good enough, but your good enough in my eyes.
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Thanks.

I'll start Chris' sprite sheet after finishing Roland.
I'm also undecided if I should do Chris' alternate costume...
Anyway, animation will take a very long time since I still have to learn it.

Does anyone know where to find the sprite of Luca Blight's horse?
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Comments on Roland Lesaurus?

Now, I'm just tempted to do Nash and Fred...
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Added Salome
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I love your sprites so far -- I feel that you got the heights of the Zexen Knights correctly but I have yet to see your drawing of Leo. I don't know if it's just me but I think the most difficult parts of making sprites are the shading and adding dimensionality, does anyone share the same opinion?
A raw tomato for the win!
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Roshambeaux wrote:I love your sprites so far -- I feel that you got the heights of the Zexen Knights correctly but I have yet to see your drawing of Leo. I don't know if it's just me but I think the most difficult parts of making sprites are the shading and adding dimensionality, does anyone share the same opinion?
Well, Leo is my least favorite among the knights that is why it is hard for me to be motivated to make his sprite. My only motivation right now is to complete the mighty six.
I believe that there is a limit on how tall you can make a character in suikoden II no matter how tall they really are relative to one another, with that thought, I have yet to compare the heights of bolgan or gantetsu (to whom I am basing the height of Leo) to my own sprites.
About shading, while I do base my shading from other suikoden II sprites I guess alot but sometimes you just learn which should be darker and which should be lighter. But mostly, I just guess.
I'm not sure what you mean by dimensionality though
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

I'll make Leo :D
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

ENDmyinitials wrote:I'll make Leo :D
Thanks. I tried making Leo but he just look like a fat Barret from FFVII. And shoulder spikes were a pain...
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Here's my Leo by the way
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

gulaman wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by dimensionality though
What I meant by that is when you try to draw your sprites you create dimensionality by adding texture in order to avoid making the sprite look 8-bit and flat.
A raw tomato for the win!
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Hey use postimg.org. Normal upload and normal size, and it will give you links. Choose hotlinks for forums.

I decided to make my favorite Zexen Knight: Percival. I still need to work on the skirt a bit more. I only had 30 mins to make him. I also need to fix up his bang.
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

Really nice work. I really like your armor. I also thought of doing the black line that divides the chest plate, however, the width of my sprite is pretty even so any black line in the middle would be too thick.

Now that the Mighty Six is finished, I could get started with their sprite sheets. (maybe I should also do Louis if I'm going by chapters).
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

gulaman wrote:Really nice work. I really like your armor. I also thought of doing the black line that divides the chest plate, however, the width of my sprite is pretty even so any black line in the middle would be too thick.

Now that the Mighty Six is finished, I could get started with their sprite sheets. (maybe I should also do Louis if I'm going by chapters).
Thank you. Yeah the suikoden sprites are smaller compared to my custom sprites. I prefer my custom template cause there is more room to work with. Your knights are looking grrwt so far. I can't wait to get my laptop back....
gulaman

Post by gulaman »

I prefer my custom template cause there is more room to work with.
Haha, I know what you mean. I can only imagine how hard it would be making the bird (coat of arms) in Fred Maximillian's armor.