Doctors 'n Nurses

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: Doctors 'n Nurses

Post by sticky-runes »

Antimatzist wrote:Zahra is definitely the doc with the most character, because he is basically a joke character with his obsession to cure other races.

I like Silva and Murad because they are implemented in the story in a cool way, butt there's nothing really outstanding with them. I dislike Yu because he is so.. ... shallow. First, he wants high prices for the treatment, and then suddenly, he is a good guy.
Dr. Yu does explain that he needs money for bandages and medicine and stuff. I guess the NHS didn't come into effect until after the Island Liberation War? But he doesn't get implemented into the main story like some of the other doctors. We're given a quest to steal medicine from an elven shrine, when we have our own doctor on board who could probably have saved us the hassle. And he's never there for the hero when he collapses from using the Rune of Punishment. If they had at least come up with a cut scene where he's treating injured characters after a sea battle, or maybe he helps Ramada recover from the poison darts, that would have been something.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

I thought Yu is an optional character
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well Lino does say we'll need a doctor when he starts evacuating, and the story doesn't progress until you start rounding up certain people from the town, so I don't know if you can leave Obel without Yu, or if it's just the non-stars who progress the story.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

No, Yu is absolutely necessary to proceed. He is optional in Tactics, though.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

Antimatzist wrote:No, Yu is absolutely necessary to proceed. He is optional in Tactics, though.
It's funny how Yu is the only doctor who doesn't get involved in the main plot... How sad is that.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Isn't Tuta in 3 also completely optional? Also, I think Yu helps with the evacuation of Obel. But yes, everytime you wake up, yyou wake up in your room, not at Yu's office.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yes both Tuta and Mio are completely optional. And Yu besides the fact he is not optional,he doesn't get involved too.

In fact only Liukan and Silva are involved mostly in the main plot. Even Huan isn't involved that mch...only when he joins at your HQ,and during Nanami's death (or "death") gets involved.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Murad is heavily involved with the Stormfist games. It would have been nice if he got a story event later on in the game (like Zegai and the others when you go up against Childerich) maybe Murad could have come up with an antidote to use against enemies who use the raging nostrum. That way we could have stopped Zahhak and Alenia having sh!t deaths.