If you you were the hero in each game....

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

If you you were the hero in each game....

Post by Sasarai10 »

...and you didn't have to get everyone in order to get the good ending...which characters you wouldn't recruit for your army (non-optional characters are not included of course) depending on their personalities? :?:

S1:

Kage (NO WAY IN HELL SOMEONE AS DANGEROUS AS HIM!!!)
Ledon (He poisened me once,so i wouldn't want someone like him)
Sonya (She is beautiful....but she hates me)

S2:

Hoi (He pretends to be your double....NO WAY!)
Adlai (I wouldn't bring those items to someone as rude as him)
Sid (I wouldn't want someone to scare other people)
Killey (He seems kind of dangerous)

S3:

Watari (Just who do you think you are and you demand 100k potch?)
Guillaume (a pedo?)
Landis (same reason with Sid)

S4:

Snowe (I would spare his life,but i wouldn't want someone like him in my team)
Mitsuba (Her behavior is...just a pain)
Keen (An assasin? No way)
Maxine (She wanted to kill me,so....NO!)

S5:

Babbage (Stupid nerd)
Lu (better leave her along with Babbage and take Sorensen with you)
Josephine (I know how to dress you know)
Gavaya (NOOOOOOO)
Egbert (He is a little bit of psycho,so you'll never no what will happen in your castle)
Cornelio (Yuckkkk)
Richard (I would feel bad for him if he is around my castle and Mueller found him out)
Killey (Same reason with S2)
gildedtalon

Re: If you you were the hero in each game....

Post by gildedtalon »

The ones I really want to remove are Lucretia, Cius, and Lelei. These three can go die in a fire
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

1: I agree with you about Sonya.
Esmeralda - I don't think I need to explain this.
Krin - Don't trust him. At all.
Fuma - A ninja who wears red? Seriously? And he claims to be good at hiding?
Rubi - Don't like the racism and the attitude.

2: Agree about Killey, Adlai, and Hoi
Chaco - I have posted repeatedly in the past about the depth of my hatred for this little sh*tpile. After all the crap he pulled, no way he's joining my army.

3: Agree about Guillaume
Jefferson - He's clearly insane. No way I would let him in.
Kenji - Not just because he's onboxious. I would tell him to seek out Jefferson and they could look for whatever time machine dropped them off in a world they clearly don't belong in.
Billy - I wouldn't trust him not to steal from me again. As soon as I saw him in the statuary and he said what he was, I'd have called Hallec and Shiba to drag him off to the dungeon.

4: Travis - He clearly doesn't want to join and there's really no reason to force him to come along.
Axel - He's just an ass.

5: Agree with you on Killey
Urda - See Rubi above
Raven - See Billy above
Cornelio - I don't mind eccentrics, but the fact that his "orchestra" tried to kill me first and he acts like it's my fault rubs me the wrong way. If he talked about his orchestra's death as a tragedy and asked for my help instead of yelling at me, I would definitely recruit him.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@Wataru well i said that non-optional characters cannot be included,otherwise Cius & Lelei would DEFINETELY be at the top of my list...i just HATE them :evil:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I would DEFINITELY avoid Killey in S5, not because he seems dangerous (how dangerous is somebody who was shoed away by an innkeeper's family?) but because he's a twat who calls the prince and his friends idiots, even though they are all cooler than he will ever be. At least in S2 he had nice duel weapons, but in 5 he just has his namby-pamby little throwing knives. They might as well have not added him in the game.

And that stupid rock star beaver. I don't like any of the beavers but he's the worst.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

Yeah, I forgot about Moroon (which is so close to "moron" I think it must be intentional).
Poet

Post by Poet »

S2: hoi,flik,teresa.
I am 99% sure i am the only one who finds flik irritating haha.
The greenhill arc is all about running back and forth because of this incapable mayor teresa.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

And Hai Yo. Even though the cook off game is undeniably awesome, it's just too distracting. Plus I never use him in combat.

UPDATE: And also, any character who requires you to beat them at a mini-game for recruitment. Mini games suck.
ItsDaveyJ

Post by ItsDaveyJ »

S1 - Kwanda, Milich, and Krin. I'm not as forgiving as the hero of the game. Templeton and the rest of the little kids. They have no place in war.
S2 - Tuta and the other similarly aged characters. Way too young for war. Killey because that sort of aggressive and threatening behavior doesn't fly with me. Hoi because he couldn't even make a convincing double for strategic purposes.
S3 - Shabon and the other really young characters. Luc, Sarah, Albert, and Yuber are technically stars and I wouldn't recruit them in this game. Guillame. Billy.
S4 - Chiepoo because he's so annoying. Cedric... you can pay off your own debt. I'm not taking care of you. Noah and all the other little kids too. Mitsuba.
S5 - Too many to list. Everyone irritates me in that game.
Winterswhite

Post by Winterswhite »

S1
Sonya-As hot as she is, she wants to kill me and I wouldn't trust her.
Kage-Anyone who wants you to pay them seems untrustworthy. They don't seem to fight with their all.
Crowley-The sight of a creepy guy hiding out in a cave would just make me avoid him. I'll bring Lotte or Eileen if I want magic.
Pesmerga-Someone so silent and mysterious would kinda scare me, and I think Viktor and Flik are good enough.
Esmeralda-Whats a snotty girl gonna do to help us?
Vincent-What's a guy who forced me to pay his bill do for us? Sure he revealed the secret passage but we could've found it on our own.
Rubi-I hate arrogant racist guys like him
Clive-He seems so shady

S2
Killey- He only joins for sindar secrets, we've got our hands full already.
Sid-He's creepy.
Clive-He wants to join to chase Elza. I don't want more problems. At least Hai yo will cook for us.
Hoi-I don't like people making bad impersonations of me.
Bob-He seems a bit.. like the guy you'd want to avoid.
Pesmerga-Same reasons as S1
Adlai-He's blow up the castle.
Mazus- He wants to do experiments that could blow up the castle!

S3
Guillaume-He's shady and he chases poor Shabon.
Watari-Same reasons as Kage.
Kenji-He'd annoy us to exercise all the time.
Rhett and Wilder- Those guys don't wanna join and they seem lazy anyway.
Landis-So creepy.
Jefferson-I don't want name-callers in our army.

S4
Gau-The guy's crazy, I don't want him in.
Jango and Brec-Get that stinky guy out, I'd hate that awful smell.
Keen-I don't like him forcing everyone to confess things and punishing them.

S5
Gavaya-He'd make all the girls leave.
Cornelio-I don't like being called a mediocrity.
Nakula-I couldn't like him after he decided to kill all Nether gate assassins, even those who changed for the better.
Moroon-Such a mean little twit.. As for why I'd still bring Urda, I could change her views by introducing her to people like Chisato, Marina, Sharmista, Craig..If only Yumi was in this army.
Killey-I don't like his attitude.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Winterswhite wrote:S1

Keen-I don't like him forcing everyone to confess things and punishing them.
He doesn't "force " them to confess, they come willingly, and it's up tot he hero (YOU!) if they get punished or forgiven.

Plus, he helps us find out which characters have been causing trouble on board.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'm adding Sonya to my list now. Not because she wants to see me dead - that I can live with. It's her constant obsession with Teo that irks me. Practically every line of dialogue she has in the game is "Teo this, Teo that, Blah blah blah Teo" and if you're rude enough to flip through diary - yep, she's going on about missing Teo. Frankly, it kind of creeps me out.

General Teo ain't dead, lady. He's hiding.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

S1:
Pesmerga - with such an emogothic attitude he must be 13 years old under his armour, that's not fit for military service. I freaking hate Pesmerga.
Hix - he's so reluctant to fight, this guy should be encouraged to follow his real path whatever it is (baker, homemaker, I don't know, but he obviously hates his job as a fighter)
Lotte - I'd elope with her to Banner Village, leaving Flik & Viktor in charge of the Liberation Army. Banner people would hate us for living happily ever after in a house full of cats and babies. You don't want that to happen.

S2:
Hoi - you suck. Don't call me bro. Ever. Go jump from the dam at Radat Town. Seriously.
Clive - yeah I also thought I was badass with a hood when I was 12. I'm not gonna run through this awesome game just to follow your stupid sidequest, I always try to have the game for as long as I can because I enjoy it and I hate to rush because of your stupid smug face.
Pesmerga - you're what, 14 now? Come back when you outgrow your dark-edgy period, kid.
Killey - don't you ever dare to talk to Alex like that in front of his wife and kid. THe day you are a man enough to father a child the way he did, you may be entitled to talk loud in front of him. Until then, no one gives a damn about your stupid obsession with whatever ancient people, Lorelai is doing this job better than you, and the people living today in my castle are more important than people who died centuries ago in Sindarin ruins.
Sierra - does this look like Twilight to you?
Rina - after Lotte divorced me for preferring black cats over ginger cats, I'd elope with Rina to Forest Village and we'd have enough baby to repopulate Toto and Ryube. I don't think Viktor & Flik wants to finish the job in my absence once again.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I like Hix. Not as badass as his other half Tengaar, but a warrior from Warrior's Village who doesn't like fighting (even though he's not particularly bad at it) is a nice little juxtaposition that I like to see in fantasy stories. A bit like hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon. I agree with you about Pesmerga, Killey and Clive, though.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

sticky-runes wrote:I like Hix. Not as badass as his other half Tengaar, but a warrior from Warrior's Village who doesn't like fighting (even though he's not particularly bad at it) is a nice little juxtaposition that I like to see in fantasy stories. A bit like hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon. I agree with you about Pesmerga, Killey and Clive, though.
Oh yes I like him too, it's just like I feel he really hates his job. Perhaps I'd be more correct if I said I would recruit him but allow him to try another job in the castle if he wants.