If you you were the hero in each game....

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
sticky-runes

Re: If you you were the hero in each game....

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote: Oh yes I like him too, it's just like I feel he really hates his job. Perhaps I'd be more correct if I said I would recruit him but allow him to try another job in the castle if he wants.
I think Hix just needs to get drunk with Flik and Viktor and tell the guys about how Tengaar is always riding his ass.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

@Bruce now that you mention it Pesmerga looks like a 13-14 y.o. judging by his face,but he is very tall for that. Probably he is the same height with Yuber (6'3")
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Kage can go on the list. He's not interested in fighting for the right side, he's just a whore.

In fact, most of the ninjas suck. The only ones I like are Akaghi and Mizuki, because they don't try to act like moody badass ninjas.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Kage can go on the list. He's not interested in fighting for the right side, he's just a whore.

In fact, most of the ninjas suck. The only ones I like are Akaghi and Mizuki, because they don't try to act like moody badass ninjas.

Yeah Akaghi and Mizuki were different. Don't forget Kasumi too. She wasn't a "moody badass"

I liked Raven by the way,he had a better sense of humor among the other ninjas
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Kasumi was a sappy little lovesick teenager. When it came to choosing between her and Valeria, it was really a no-brainer for me.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Kasumi was a sappy little lovesick teenager. When it came to choosing between her and Valeria, it was really a no-brainer for me.

Yeah,but if you want to recruit Rulodia & Chuchara then you MUST choose Kasumi 8)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:

Yeah,but if you want to recruit Rulodia & Chuchara then you MUST choose Kasumi 8)
IF i wanted a bunch of shitty krakens skulking around my castle. Which I don't. Feather and Siegried all the way.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I just reached the Tinto episode in my current S2 game, and this idiot Sierra is going all angsty teen at the citizen of Tigermouth thinking she's so badass. When she challenged me to beat her up, I did so in one single turn... Rina alone took her something like 1300 hp. YAY RINA FOREVER!
The Tinto arc is a bit tedious, the music is repetitive and the landscape is really depressing. And all this vampire stuff is losing the point of the game. I'm not a big fan of this episode. And the bandits look cool but they are underused in this storyline. I always try to play as slowly as possible to enjoy the game longer and here I just rush through it.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Ah, the Tinto Arc. where you get the option to make the slayer of Luca Blight run away and abandon his army like a pussy. On the one hand, it's quite interesting that we get a lot of extra dialogue from supporting characters who are with us at the time we choose to leave Tinto. On the other hand, it means losing an awesome character like Ridley. Why can't it be that cunt Jess who gets ripped apart by Neclord's zombies?
And seriously - allowing Nanami to talk me out of living in a castle with loads of hotties under my command? F#ck that. If I were the leader in that situation, I would simply have told Nanami to do one and stop taking up space.
BrucePrintscreen

sticky-runes wrote:Ah, the Tinto Arc. where you get the option to make the slayer of Luca Blight run away and abandon his army like a pussy. On the one hand, it's quite interesting that we get a lot of extra dialogue from supporting characters who are with us at the time we choose to leave Tinto. On the other hand, it means losing an awesome character like Ridley. Why can't it be that cunt Jess who gets ripped apart by Neclord's zombies?
And seriously - allowing Nanami to talk me out of living in a castle with loads of hotties under my command? F#ck that. If I were the leader in that situation, I would simply have told Nanami to do one and stop taking up space.
Indeed the extra dialogue is nice, it's also something I enjoyed in Greenhill, this arc could have been boring with so little action if it weren't for the nice idea to have all the random characters you picked up being so talkative for once!

Nanami couldn't talk me out of that castle indeed. I take it as a nervous breakdown on her part and she actually shows a nice vulnerable side, she is a very complete character, the kind of characters I like Suikoden for, she can be the one who terrorises soldiers in Kyaro with her silly kungfu pose and she can be the one who wants to run away in a farm. That's a very interesting character.

On the other hand, Rina could have talked me out of the castle...
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:
IF i wanted a bunch of shitty krakens skulking around my castle. Which I don't. Feather and Siegried all the way.

ah,then you're not a completionist i guess... :mrgreen:

Tinto Arc,is one of the few points where you can get extra dialogue from Tir :)
BrucePrintscreen

Sasarai10 wrote:
sticky-runes wrote:

Holy crap, we now have our own words like "completionist" :mrgreen:

There are different schools of approaching Suikoden, those who favours the semantic analysis of the inherent paradox caused by the presence of a narrative disruption in the continuity of the verbal conception of the game, and those who prefers to dive into a sociological quest for the semiologic truth behind the gestahlt so thoroughly expressed inside the genuine post-modern (yet proto-historic) building of the inconscious mind (if you allow me such a trivial expression) that hides within the neurolinguistic roots of the game.

We are Suikoden scholars, guys :mrgreen:

Sasarai10 wrote:Tinto Arc,is one of the few points where you can get extra dialogue from Tir :)
Oh sadly I couldn't get Tir this time, I only managed to find a Euro version of S1 and an American version of S2 which I play in a chipped console, and it doesn't allow for a transfer of saved games...
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote:
Only if it involves more insight into characters I am actually interested in. I'm not particularly bothered about a family of tentacled freaks with silly names. They can go play with the squirrels for all I care.
BrucePrintscreen wrote:
There are different schools of approaching Suikoden, those who favours the semantic analysis of the inherent paradox caused by the presence of a narrative disruption in the continuity of the verbal conception of the game, and those who prefers to dive into a sociological quest for the semiologic truth behind the gestahlt so thoroughly expressed inside the genuine post-modern (yet proto-historic) building of the inconscious mind (if you allow me such a trivial expression) that hides within the neurolinguistic roots of the game.
Yeah, something like that. :?

Oh, and another good point about the alternative Tinto arc was seeing Koyu taking down zombies, and Marlowe defending himself with a book! And after rescuing Lo Wen, instead of nagging both her brothers, she tells Gijimu about Koyu rescuing her. Of course, this all means we miss out on Viktor's Die Hard moment where he talks about drying Neclord in the sun and pissing on him.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Wendell is another waste of space. A poor man's Mizuki - she doesn't have a cool weapon or a hot outfit or a body to fill it, has no Shrike rune, can't use fancy ninja sneaking skills, has no friends to team up with, and is a whiny bitch to everyone except Nico, who doesn't even want anything to do with her. Too bad Nico didn't invite her up into the crows nest and chuck her off so we could wipe the deck with her corpse. :twisted:

And why the hell did she tag along with us in Tactics?? There's actually a campfire scene in Tactics where Wendell slags off Kyrill for being a wimp about his father's death. And when Eugene tells her to keep her opinion to herself she slags him off as well. I just wanted Eugene to shove his spear up Wendell's snooty ass and roast her over the fire like a pig on a spit. :evil:
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

1-5: Probably anyone I have to spend money or play mini-games to recruit. That would just be so out of character for me. (Granted, it's also out of character for me to be the leader of an army, but still.)

1: Maybe Quincy, for acting like it's a big favori on his part to join my army. I'd just be like, "Whatever, bro."

2: Hoi. No sense in getting beat up with this guy. Plus, I'm a woman, so no one would mistake him for me. Also Sid, because despite the fact that Chaco is a little brat, Sid is just cruel.

3: Billy. Can't stand him. He's a terrible father and an all-around jerk.

4: JANGO AND BREC. Hygiene is very important to me. Although these characters aren't really optional, so I guess they don't count. :( Too bad.

5: Wilhelm and Mueller. One is a pervert, the other is an abusive jerk. These two need to die, seriously.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn