Page turning sound effect (Also, I'm new)

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Tack

Page turning sound effect (Also, I'm new)

Post by Tack »

Hey everyone, just wanted to first say hi. Now I'll admit I've only played (and beaten) the first two games, and the first time, about two or three times already, but still a fan since my friend gave me a PS1 and a copy of the game for my birthday. (Awesome friend, yes?)

Oh and I have a question too!

Remember the old books and when you turned the page and had this awesome sound? I was wondering if someone knows where to find a copy of it (or at least a way to reproduce it?) I hope this isn't going against any rules or anything.

So anyway I hope I'm welcome here. :)
Jocky

Re: Page turning sound effect (Also, I'm new)

Post by Jocky »

Glad to meet you tack!! I may not be a moderator or anything but I welcome you to the site anyway!! :)
Now to answer your question, I think the best way, rather than trying to rip the disk yourself, would be to head on over to Youtube and watch a Suiko video or 2 until you find 1 with someone scanning the books. Then just download the video, or record it and the record the sound of the page turning and nothing else. You get me?
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

Yeah, ripping it from the game could be painful. Find a video on youtube, download it, rip the audio out with ffmpeg, and edit the file down with Audacity, and you're done. Complicated, but you don't have to reverse-engineer anything or hunt for outdated programs.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Get yourself a sound recording device that works with your computer, and open books in front of it until you achieve the desired effect. Have fun.
Tack

Post by Tack »

sticky-runes wrote:Get yourself a sound recording device that works with your computer, and open books in front of it until you achieve the desired effect. Have fun.
Thanks, it's worth a shot. :)