What true runes do you want to own/create?

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Poet

What true runes do you want to own/create?

Post by Poet »

Since much of the 27 true runes are still unknown,what do you want future true runes to be? Which true rune do you like the most(from existing ones)?
wataru14
Guide Writer

Re: What true runes do you want to own/create?

Post by wataru14 »

In the Suikoden-based D&D game I GM, the True Rune is the Heart Rune. It governs both love and loss. The aspect that is dominant depends on the circumstances present when the Rune is claimed. If the bearer is surrounded by people who care about her, the Love aspect rules (I use her because the Tenkai Star is female in my game). If not, the Loss aspect rules. The Love aspect causes happiness and contentment for those who follow the bearer, but causes pain and suffering for the bearer herself. The Loss aspect does the opposite (causes suffering to those close to the bearer but makes good things happen to the bearer herself). Both aspects (similar to the Rune of Punishment and the Sun Rune) cause the bearer to slowly loose her sanity as she uses the Rune's power. When the bearer has completely lost her sanity, her heart is hardened and she permanently becomes petrified: a statue in which to seal the Rune until a new bearer happens along.

The Rune's curse can only be broken if A) the 108 Stars are gathered and B) the bearer can find someone who loves her and who will share the Rune's burden with her. This Rune is the opposite of the Rune of Beginning in that it's true power is not unlocked until it is divided (as opposed to the RoB, which is not at full power until the pieces are united). This proves difficult with either dominant aspect. The Love aspect makes it hard for the bearer to think so selfishly ("The power of the 108 Stars is supposed to be used to help the world. How can I use it for my own selfish needs?") and the Loss aspect makes it hard for anyone to get emotionally close enough to the bearer to want to share the burden.

I like the "Runes as Tarot" theory a lot and this Rune is based on the Lovers card.