Just finished Suikoden I

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Belle

Re: Just finished Suikoden I

Post by Belle »

freshmetal wrote:
TMan wrote:Not being managed well and being conveniently permanently missing are pretty different things. At least the five generals should have been able to say, "Hey guys, you know that Level 1 castle that just opened shop near the capital? Let's go burn it down."
Yes, you would think that with a rebel base just sitting in the open in such close proximity to the Floating Fortress, the Liberation Army should have been wiped out easily and early in the story. Especially if you consider how devoted Sonya was to the Empire and Teo.

Going back to the poor handling of the war by the Empire, why didn't Milich wipe out the rebel army after repelling them with the poisonous flower pollen? He suffered no losses and had them on the run. He could have easily retaken the checkpoint at least. Instead, the rebels were spared and allowed to operate within his region.
Who knows? Arrogance? Complacency? Black Rune? Devotion to the Emperor to the point of doing anything Windy says?

As far as the rebel castle goes, well, they did try to send an assassin early on, and he got his ass thoroughly kicked. Maybe the rest of the Empire's numbers just suck that bad. :roll:
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I thought it was that they didn't know exactly where the base was, but that would be very poor intelligence gathering on the empires part.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Windy and the Empire definitely knew where the base was because Windy sent the assassin to kill Tir during the banquet.
PSN: FreshMetal80
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Windy sent the assassin? How do you know this?
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Didn't the assassin say something along the lines of going to take his rune? Windy wants that rune.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Yes the assassin did say something exactly like that.

Also, it's a giant growing tower in the middle of a flat lank. It's pretty hard to miss, not to mention all the boats coming and going.
Dreams do die
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

gildedtalon wrote:Windy sent the assassin? How do you know this?
probably because they played the game.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Last time I played SI was two years ago, after getting that Phero rune, I've committed to never touch that game again
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

the assassin wasn't killed either. He ran off after you beat him. They could have sent him again. Perhaps they couldn't afford his fee?

Mind you, he wasn't a very good assassin - he shouts at you before attacking to let you know that you're about to be the victim of an assassination attempt! :lol:

And Tir would have been vulnerable while he was reeling from Gremio's death and Teo's death...

I suppose Suikoden 5 kind of responded to this by having Dolph try to kill the prince during his brief reunion with his sister.