Help with runes in a Suikoden 3.5 dnd game

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
DarkEternal

Help with runes in a Suikoden 3.5 dnd game

Post by DarkEternal »

When I was a teenager, I remember the first Suikoden game fondly(others too, but this one was the first after all). I know for a fact that people never played it before so I decided to put the story of the first game into a campaign. Those that know things about Dungeons and dragons might be inclined to help me out here some.

In any case, the story is somewhat changed in regards to it being a group people. The protagonist is changed by the group of PCs that graduated under Teo Mcdohl and their journey basically mirrors the journey of the main character in Suikoden. The stars of destiny are here and they join them along the way. We played a few sessions of it already and are at the part where Ted gives his True rune to the players.

Now, for the sake of fairness, I gave three True runes instead of one randomly decided(Soul Eater, True Water Rune and True Lightning Rune) with possibilities that others that come around will already have a True Rune affixed to them as well. I have some issues though, with making the abilities that the True Runes give balanced, and/or valid. Searching online I found a document that made the runes go into a 3.5 valid form for all runes and I was hoping I could get some input here on what to change. Priorities are for the three main runes I mentioned, but others that catch your eye if something would be changed also is good.

Also, I have problems giving them at certain levels, since they are more of an added bonus to their class than anything else. I was thinking of giving them at level 4, 8, 12, 16 in terms of levels(as there are only four levels of runes, or 5,10,15,20, but they are not really all that powerful for such a level disparity)

In any case, here is the link so I don't suffocate the forum with its length about true runes(and normal ones at that). I pretty much ignored the classes(Rune sage and such) since it was too much hassle and just gave the runes to them on top of their usual classes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...CMrHkNgB&pli=1
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: Help with runes in a Suikoden 3.5 dnd game

Post by Oppenheimer »

This seems to me to be a duplicate topic. But, I'll let you tell me how you think it might be different.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewt ... 70&t=13406
DarkEternal

Re: Help with runes in a Suikoden 3.5 dnd game

Post by DarkEternal »

The main difference is a completelly different set of how runes and generally casting works. To be fair, it probably would work in that thread if it is a general DnD thread, and not someone helping another person with their own vision of how it should work.