Portraits

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Portraits

Post by wataru14 »

Has anyone managed to find jpg images of the character portraits from S3, S4 and S5? You can find the S1 and S2 portraits everywhere, but those seem to be scarce.
Punkaiser

Re: Portraits

Post by Punkaiser »

Have you looked at http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/Suikoden_Wikia ?
Type the name in search box for the character you want to see, the database may not be complete but most characters are updated.
TMan

Post by TMan »

That picture made me get real romantic for the Island Nations. That's bad right?
Dreams do die
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

it is a picture of boat , so i suppose it would make you think of the island nations.
TMan

Post by TMan »

But it's feeling romance for Suikoden 4. Probably a detestable feeling to most true fans.
Dreams do die
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

If being a "true fan" means being one of those whiny little bitches who slags off Suikoden 4 like it was blasphemy or something, then I'll happily stay out of that circle.
Suikoden 4 is a beautiful game.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I slag IV, because I think it is a poor game. Poor in comparison to RPGs and poor in comparison to other Suikoden games. It has nothing to do with being a "true fan" of Suikoden, or not.
I certainly don't slag off the game, because it is the hip thing to do.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

and yet, you have Chiepoo's portrait for your avatar :?

It's only the "true fans" attitude that bothers me. I didn't like all of the Breath of Fire games, I only liked 1 and 3 and got bored of 2 and 4, does that make me a true BOF fan? Hardly. Just makes me a fan of some of the games in that series.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

What's a true fan? Someone who praises every piece of material the creaters push out and slams the Suikoden brand on?

Judging by what people call a true friend, someone who might do what's best for you even if it will upset you, wouldn't a true fan be someone who speaks out when the franchise is heading in the wrong way?

And the avatar thing, I have Dantes face from Devil May Cry 2, even though I frickin hated it. Still like the character though.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Well I've always acknowledged each of the games for their good and bad points, so I guess that makes me a true fan of Suikoden 1,2,3,4,5 and Tactics, but not a a true Suikoden fan :?:

As for the true friends thing, well, your best mate might not be the smartest bloke in the whole world. He might not be the best looking or most successful at his job or tell the most amusing jokes. But if he cheers you up when you feel like sh!t and you enjoy hanging out with him and you both see the best in each other, then you've got a true friendship.
TMan

Post by TMan »

Guys I didn't mean to start a debate. We are all true fans. We hang out on a Suikoden forum for crying out loud. A true fan is someone who enjoys the series a lot. I think you should be allowed to talk all the shite you want about any game. It's fun to talk about Suikoden and going over all the good things about the games is much less fun than dissecting the few flaws.
Dreams do die
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

topics expand and digress, it happens.

Back to OP - have you tried photobucket.com?