Worst Suikoden Character

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Re: Worst Suikoden Character

Post by Sasarai10 »

LadyCyclone wrote:Sticky Runes, you are insane! How could anyone hate Sialeeds, I'm absolutely in love with her - and I really like Lyon, she reminds me of Nanami. But it was the 'I love Lym' part that left me shuddering!!

I also love the little beavers - hehehe, especially how one of them runs a hot springs, one of my favourite things to imagine myself doing and someday shall. I never really liked Kasumi either, I found her crush on the main character to be annoying.

Kasumi's crush is annoying? why? She refers it only 2-3 times during the game..unlike that bodyguard-freak Lyon. :evil: :evil: :evil:

The most annoying crush was Lyon's crush of course...she was ALWAYS behind Prince's butt. :evil:

And it was definetely a crush,she wasn't just his bg. You can see it,when Kyle suggests you to meet Jeane in Sol-Falena....if she was just a bg she wouldn't mind about matters such as these.
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

There's just something about Kasumi's longing which is very irksome - can't put my finger on exactly what it is; perhaps I didn't think she was a good match for the main character! Lyon's crush, however, I thought was really sweet. She and the prince were a perfect match and I'd always hoped she would come right out and tell him!
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

At least with Lyon a crush makes sense, even if she is an annoying character.

Tbh, I've never been a big fan of the girls who have crushes on main characters. Probably the only exception I'd make is Cecile, because she's the right age for a puppy dog crush and spends plenty of time with Thomas to develop that. She's also a way better character than the others. With Kasumi, there's just no basis for it. I suppose though that the fans reactions to that pairing is what really makes her the most annoying crush girl. What makes her one of the worst characters though is that she's supposed to be a ninja, but seems more like a little girl pretending to be one. She's immature and undisciplined, and I just can't take her as seriously as the other ninjas. Even Fuma was better.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

LadyCyclone wrote:Sticky Runes, you are insane! How could anyone hate Sialeeds, I'm absolutely in love with her - and I really like Lyon, she reminds me of Nanami. But it was the 'I love Lym' part that left me shuddering!!

I also love the little beavers - hehehe, especially how one of them runs a hot springs, one of my favourite things to imagine myself doing and someday shall. I never really liked Kasumi either, I found her crush on the main character to be annoying.
I've already gone into why I don't like Sialeeds on other threads. I'm a full Lymsleia supporter. Lyon sucks BECAUSE she's like Nanami - a pug-nosed shrimp. I don't know why half of Falena wanted to bang Lyon, when hardly anyone was interested in Nanami.

The beavers are the worst creatures ever, i mean come on - BEAVERS??? Watch out Godwin - your warships are gonna be devoured by my army of fuzzy talking vaginas.

If this series ever comes back, it needs to stop trying too hard to be cute.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

EstrangedIX wrote:At least with Lyon a crush makes sense, even if she is an annoying character.

Tbh, I've never been a big fan of the girls who have crushes on main characters. Probably the only exception I'd make is Cecile, because she's the right age for a puppy dog crush and spends plenty of time with Thomas to develop that. She's also a way better character than the others. With Kasumi, there's just no basis for it. I suppose though that the fans reactions to that pairing is what really makes her the most annoying crush girl. What makes her one of the worst characters though is that she's supposed to be a ninja, but seems more like a little girl pretending to be one. She's immature and undisciplined, and I just can't take her as seriously as the other ninjas. Even Fuma was better.
I like Cecile and Thomas. Of course, Suikoden 3 didn't have any mute characters, so the relationships and crushes in that game were a bit more convincing. It becomes a two-sided thing, rather than a mute character with a love sick stalker looking over his shoulder. I also thought Jaques and Aila were cute together!

When it comes to ninjas, my favourites are Mizuki and Akaghi. They're not your typical ninjas, but I find typical ninjas like Kage and Watari to be really bland. I don't waste any words on people because I'm a badass brooding ninja. Akaghi and Mizuki had a bit of humour about them, especially in Tactics!
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

I must have missed your Sialeeds bashing -I find her enthralling. Plus, I can relate to aspects of her. Here's why I love her:

1) VERY cool - cool attitude, cool voice, cool outfit (amazing outfit actually) great hair.
2) Wild
3) Doesn't get out of bed til after 12 and punches anyone who tries to wake her.
4) Very sexy - by far the sexiest female character in any Suikoden game I've played.
5) Outspoken, opinionated, few manners - but great heart.
6) Insults Lym.
7) Has Georg as a boyguard and Kyle as an admirer.
8) Sacrificed herself for the greater good.
9) Gets to be a Royal and has a much more carefree life than her sister.

I don't much like Marina either; I just don't really like female characters who are damsel in distress/unable to fight/no weapon etc. Another reason I don't like Lym, she just has a big mouth.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

1) VERY cool - cool attitude, cool voice, cool outfit (amazing outfit actually) great hair. The outfit looks ridiculous. And the only person who makes a big fuss about it is Josephine, who looks like a drag queen version of Princess Peach.
2) Wild Nothing a good backhand wouldn't solve.
3) Doesn't get out of bed til after 12 and punches anyone who tries to wake her. That's because she spends all morning playing with herself. Well, she's opted to stay single, so...
4) Very sexy - by far the sexiest female character in any Suikoden game I've played. Good for her. Maybe she should give up and become a pole dancer.
5) Outspoken, opinionated, few manners - but great heart. Better women in the suikoverse have those traits - and they don't betray us.
6) Insults Lym. And Lym gets her right back (so does the prince if I have my say! :wink: )
7) Has Georg as a bodyguard and Kyle as an admirer. Georg nearly pulls his sword on her when he finds out she's a traitor, and Kyle comes on to anything with tits, so that's no feat.
8) Sacrificed herself for the greater good. Good riddance.
9) Gets to be a Royal and has a much more carefree life than her sister. She's the least coolest member of the royal family. Just chuck a lizard at her and she flips out.
I don't much like Marina either; I just don't really like female characters who are damsel in distress/unable to fight/no weapon etc. Another reason I don't like Lym, she just has a big mouth.
You can't expect Lym to beat the crap out of the Godwins and reclaim her castle, since she's only 9 or 10 years old and never trained to use weapons. Even the queen's nights couldn't prevent all that sh!t going down in the sun palace, between Arshtat going berserk with the sun rune, crazed assassins running around everywhere and two of the knights turning traitor.

But Lym does handle her situation well. Considering that she lost both parents in one night, she refuses to cry the whole time, and shows a lot of balls for a little girl in that position. Being a strong character isn't always about wielding weapons and runes and slaughtering everything in your path. sometimes you have to bear through things with dignity. :)
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

First and foremost, Sialeeds' betrayal was extremely noble and she emerged as the real hero of the game - I don't think anyone could dispute that! Plus, she didn't opt to stay single, she had no choice because of the pact they made; yet another sacrifice on her part! Now as for Lym - I am fully aware of what a 'strong character' is, thank you very much, and there's no doubt the girl has got strength, but strength has nothing to do ith my reasons for dislike. Her big fat mouth, whiny voice and spoiled brat attitude GRIND MY NERVES; and also, Sialeeds had plenty of dignity - she was shrewd and sharp and extremely cunning.

I don't like little girls in Suikoden in general; Pilika used to annoy me and I'm not even sure why. It's not as if she even spoke - whereas Lym's voice, words, everything - urgh!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

she's perfectly entitled to be a brat, since she's: a) the queen and b) being forced to live with her enemies. And it's good to have a younger sibling who treats you like the sun shines out of your ass (actually it shines out of our mother's forehead, but you get the idea!)

Normally I do hate kids in video games, but I think the little girls in suikoden are ok. Lilly grows up to be a competent swordswoman and I like the banter between her and her two followers in S3. One kid I can't stand is Toma. When the prince bows in front of him to offer his services, I wanted to kick the TV in.
Royi

Post by Royi »

sticky-runes wrote: Chiepoo was the worst S4 character, they gave him way too much screen time and he ends up ruining the serious tone for most of the cut scenes. Especially the end where Troy is going down with his ship and you've got f###ing Chiepoo there watching one of the main characters die. Could have been anyone - one of your fellow knights, Flare, Agnes, Kika, Colton - but f###ing Chiepoo.

Chaco is an irritating little piece of sh!t.
You just listed the #1 and #2 most annoying characters in the Suikoden franchise.

Chiepoo I wanted to punch so many times. So incredibly annoying and I hated how much he was forced to be in your party. Stupid Meowth.

I hate how Chaco is a complete D to you and you end up just 'letting him in' to your party. I wish I could have figured out a way for him to lead the charge on the Mercenary Fort instead of Kiba. That sucker should have been Riou's winged shield during battle.
The answer is 42
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

I liked Chaco. He was just a hyper little kid who got into some mischief. Reminded me of Laharl or Mxyzptlk
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

Well I don't mind Toma - it's the little girls in the games that get on my nerves; as for Chaco, I loved him! Such a feisty character! :mrgreen:
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

You and I are never gonna see eye to eye on anything, lady cyclone. Too bad Arshtat didn't kill off Toma when she zapped lordlake. Mama, you missed a spot! It's the prince's fault as well. Should've left those ulse to eat the little gobshite. :evil:
LadyCyclone

Post by LadyCyclone »

sticky-runes wrote:You and I are never gonna see eye to eye on anything, lady cyclone. Too bad Arshtat didn't kill off Toma when she zapped lordlake. Mama, you missed a spot! It's the prince's fault as well. Should've left those ulse to eat the little gobshite. :evil:
Correct. For one thing ... you'd pick Roog over Rahal!!!
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

I like Chiepoo. A lot. You need some levity in a heavy and dark game like SIV. Everyone just goes around constantly moping about the Rune of Punishment and Lazlo's impending death and all that. It's nice to have someone positive around. And, other than Lino, Chiepoo is the only one who comes across (in my mind) as geniunely caring about Lazlo. Tal/Paula/Keneth/Jewel's concern always seems flat, insincere and half-assed to me. Everyone else cares more about what Lazlo represents and his burden and blah blah blah, but no one ever seems to care for Lazlo himself other than Chiepoo. I like his voice, I like his personality, and I love him in combat. Sure, he's no mage and only has good Earth affinity, but get him to high levels and he's an awesome three-Rune-Slot warrior with awesome STR, SPD, SKL and LUK. He's a monster at high level.

But I will curse Chaco to the depths of my soul forever. That little shoot is perhaps the most annoying character in the whole Suikoverse to me. I don't care if he returns my wallet at the end of Two River, he's a thief and he should be thrown in prison ... with Childerich. And he doesn't even understand why I hate him. That's the most exasperating thing. One of the Two River townies say that the Wingers do wierd rituals with strange-smelling stuff, but I doubt that's why they are a hated race. When you tell Ridley that Chaco stole your wallet, he says "those flying punks are always doing things like that." Forgive me for not liking someone because he steals from me. The worst example of why I hate him is at the end of the chapter, when he stops you at the gate before you head home after saving Two River. If you keep refusing his request to join you (which I keep doing over and over hoping that it will let me leave him one of these days), one of the things he sayd is, "They're just wings. They're nothing to be scared of." Listen you dumb shoot! I don't want you to go away because you have wings. I think people with wings are cool. I want you to go away because you stole from me, apparently steal from everyone, and are an obnoxious ass. The fact that he thinks the anti-Winger sentiment comes from their phsyical characteristics and not from the fact that they steal from people is maddening.