Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
Leon481

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by Leon481 »

I support reviving Suikoden, but I'm also very anti-Facebook. I'm also not a writer, filmmaker, musician, or very internet savy in general. I'm afraid I can't contribute much more than to wish you luck.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I just uploaded a video I called The Suikoden Revival Movement Video, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tei3Ypdoazw Please support it by watching and liking it. I hope it will amass enough views and likes that it will grab Konami's attention. I'd also like to get help spreading this message. Is it ridulous to ask people to start pming 5(limit) suikosource members at a time?
A raw tomato for the win!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

1. Wow, thanks for this video! It's nicely done. Could you maybe link the SRM-Fb-Page in the description? And maybe put a"disclaimer" that you're "only" a follower of SRM and not an executive? This maybe sounds a bit rude, but I just want to avoid confusion from the beginning, so people know you are a fellow fan and supporter of the SRM, but not responsible for the page etc. I will share your video right away!
2. I don't think it's ridicolous, but maybe rude!? I don't know, I want to avoid spam and the like, I also guess it's against the board rules.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I may try to make another version later with crisper quality, but feel free to use this if you want.

Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Awesome idea! If you'll make a better quality version, we'll definitely share this on our fb-page!
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Also, by "later," I mean in several weeks or even months, depending on when I'll have time to replay the game and capture the image manually.

Aaahhhhhh, I miss college sometimes.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Xelinis wrote:Also, by "later," I mean in several weeks or even months, depending on when I'll have time to replay the game and capture the image manually.

Aaahhhhhh, I miss college sometimes.
Haha ok :D Still love the idea. Will share this then tomorrow or so. But I know your problem, I miss my school days when I could play soo much. Today, I have less time and enjoy gaming in general a bit less than back then...
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I love the idea, Xelinis. Since you won't be able to clean up your image for a while, I went ahead and sharpened the image a little bit in Photoshop. I also made a sepia version just for the heck of it. I didn't want to sharpen the image too much because the pixilation gets bad really fast.

Cleaned up version
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/ ... harpen.jpg

Sepia version
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w69/ ... gsepia.jpg
PSN: FreshMetal80
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I think that the inferiority of the source image makes the sharpening and sepia do more harm than good. It's sucks because the sepia is a great idea!

When I finally have the time to replay the darn game, I'll send you an updated picture for post-processing.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Since I don't even know where to post this anymore, it should be noted that RPGamer (which I posted earlier was putting a lot of emphasis on answering Suikoden questions) is visiting different RPG publishers with Konami being one of them. If they haven't visited Konami yet, we should make it known that they should at the very least mention Suikoden's PSP title.

http://www.rpgamer.com/event/rtts2012/

Edit: Well, guess not. They were there to exclusively interview Konami about Little King Story (Vita) and Silent Hill.
Last edited by LanceHeart on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I like your video Roshambeaux, got me right here :')
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I edited the video now, so there's a disclaimer below the video saying that I'm not the founder of the Suikoden Revival Movement Facebook page.
A raw tomato for the win!
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I think the text in the video goes by a bit fast, but thank you for not putting any off-world nonsense in it. Enough spinoffs indeed.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I'm in. I'll have a talk with my buddy who does a podcast for TGC (the Gungan Council), one of the largest Star Wars RP sites on the web. He might be able to help with some internet publicity
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Also, personally, I'd like to see a rerelease of the Saturn version of S1