Suikoden Revival Movement

A forum for all general Suikoden related topics.
highwind44029

Re: Suikoden Revival Movement

Post by highwind44029 »

Man, I've been way out of the loop lately. I have given up console gaming for like 5 years now, and Suikoden is really the only thing that will likely bring me back.
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

Not often do you hear success from these kind of movements, but we can pat ourselves on the back with this.
It's a great achievement, and hopefully we can push further. A franchise like Suikoden deserves more recognition.
KnightOfTruth

Post by KnightOfTruth »

Really happy for everyone who was a part! It was great working together on social media, and Konami's response was pretty sweet too! I'm hoping with all the trending and everything re:SuikodenII on Twitter and such, that they'll consider attempting a Suikoden VI. I don't even have a PS3 or PS4, but I'm planning on purchasing this just to show my support!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Nice to see the Konami Facebook page getting a lot of Suikoden-related status updates. The comment sections all have "give us Suikoden 6" on the top comments so let's hope they read those and consider.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Let me tell you guys. I am exhausted lol. I've pretty much been working ten hours a day on this for the last 9 days or so, both visibly and on behind-the-scenes stuff. So today I passed our and took a 3 hour nap where I had some weird stress dream from a job I had back in my teens, co-starring Amy Pohler and Nick Offerman. . . not a bad cast I suppose haha. Yeah, I am actually going to get around to playing SII for real here pretty soon, though. Finally! My first legal copy since my last was stolen!
Okami

Post by Okami »

I am currently soldiering through Suikoden 1 now. Gotta have that save file for Suikoden 2, but I for sure bought it first day.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oh I forgot to mention for anyone interested. I recorded a podcast two weeks ago, that is one week before the PSN announcement, were we do dive into some of the deeper aspects of the series. If you are interested, give it a listen here:

I think I start around 35 minutes. Also it is funny to here me talk about our plans, which were thrown out the window last week.

http://fngaming.net/2014/12/episode-51- ... -suikoden/
Willster328

Post by Willster328 »

Agreed. The Suikoden Movement is monumental. The series could use a quick reboot package like they did with FF4 in regards to re-creating some of it to update the music/graphics (not by much of course), and package a deal with specific marketing to get the series going again.

It really wouldn't be hard, the series would sell itself. Especially given the garbage JRPGs that have come out
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But it's always a fin path to walk on. I'm all up for rereleases of Suikoden games - on all digital platforms and also smartphone ports. Even small remakes would be awesome (especially the first game needs some better backgrounds, I think the PSP version already did something in that regard).

But then people would scream "SELLOUT!". That's what a lot of people do with Final Fantasy, every remake or port comes with great criticism. I guess because people feel compelled to buy everything? I don't know.
suiken

Post by suiken »

The problem with FF is not the remake itself. It's the way they treat their games. III and IV have a complete 3d overhaul and V and VI only got a cheap rebump of graphics.

It wouldn't hurt for a cheap rebump of graphics for Suikoden though. Why? Because there are no 3D remake to be followed up and the graphics really looked antiquated.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

OK. Suikoden I and II are coming very soon for the Asian PSN as well. Likely today if it has not already happened. This makes six continents -as South Africa and UAE are likely linked to the EU PSN- and more than 50 countries. I'll count countries later and get back to you all lol.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

OK, yes the UAE, Israel, Jordan, et al are all linked to the EU PSN. This makes roughly 65 countries total that can now have access to the games. Region-wise, All of North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, and East Asia are covered. The only major regions uncovered are China, India, and most of Africa, though South Africa and much of the Arabian peninsula are connected to the EU PSN. Aside from China, I think this is every single country in which the games were originally released if not more.

AAAANNNNND now the Aussies and Kiwi are getting screwed over. Right now, they are not getting Sukoden I. Suikoden II is present at 7.55 AUD and 7.95 NZD, but no word on why Suikoden is not going to be released. We've reached out for comment, but nothing yet.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Damn, it took them so long to release it to EU. People have been thirsty. Glad it's finally out there though.
Themadcow

Post by Themadcow »

Well, that worked out well. Sold my physical S2 for £100 a couple of years ago, bought a Vita for £99 and both Suiko Games on PSN for £7.

Total outlay = £6. Win.

Shame PS2 classics aren't a 'thing' because I'd love to see Suiko V on my Vita.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

You'll never know. Maybe it will happen eventually, although probably not in the near future. I'd love to see the other PS2 titles on the PSN as well. I can't play S3-S5 anymore, Tactics is the only disc I have that's working. :(